Marlo is hyperthyroid

Old May 26th 17, 04:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

Default Marlo is hyperthyroid

She's been living with mom for the last few months and has been on a
diet (since she was overweight).. But for the last two months or so,
we knew she had dropped a lot of weight so we've pretty much been
feeding her everything she wants, chicken, steak, lamb chops, salmon,
well, essentially anything we've been eating. She loves it all.

And she's always hungry. I should have realized what was going on.
Last week she pooped on the rug, pretty runny, and very unusual. So
off we went to the vet and it turns out that she's hyperthyroid. So
she's on medication now. She's 13 and we don't want to do surgery or
radiation, so we'll try the meds for a while and see how it works.

One more odd thing. She apparently peed outside of her litterbox.
because there is a wet spot on the carpet. She's still using the
litterbox a lot, but that spot doesn't seem to dry off. I'll get some
nature's miracle and see if that helps.
Old May 26th 17, 07:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

On 5/25/2017 8:37 PM, dgk wrote:
[...]

I'm sorry to hear she's having problems. I hope the meds help.
Old May 26th 17, 10:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 5/26/2017 2:17 AM, Joy wrote:
On 5/25/2017 8:37 PM, dgk wrote:
[...]

I'm sorry to hear it, too. I'm sure the meds will help. At least Marlo
isn't allergic to the medication like Persia was. The radioactive
isotope treatment was really the only option for her.

Jill
Old May 26th 17, 01:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Fri, 26 May 2017 05:29:26 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

On 5/26/2017 2:17 AM, Joy wrote:
On 5/25/2017 8:37 PM, dgk wrote:
[...]

And mom is worried that we're all going away in August and that Marlo
will be alone for a week. Someone will feed her of course, but mom is
worried anyway. So am I of course. I'll be way for two weeks at the
end of June so of couse I worry about the cats.

I guess that you've all read the Onion article:

http://www.theonion.com/article/vaca...s-miss-her-463
Old May 26th 17, 07:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

wrote:

On 5/26/2017 2:17 AM, Joy wrote:
On 5/25/2017 8:37 PM, dgk wrote:
[...]

Well, that article raised my blood pressure by a few points. What bosh!
Of course our cats miss us. I don't think they grieve the way dogs
do, but they definitely miss us.
Old May 29th 17, 12:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

wrote:

On 5/26/2017 2:17 AM, Joy wrote:
On 5/25/2017 8:37 PM, dgk wrote:
[...]

Whomever wrote this crap doesn't know anything about cats!

That's not exactly how I'd put it, but I agree.
Old May 29th 17, 03:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Sun, 28 May 2017 17:09:53 -0700, The Newest Other Guy
wrote:

On Sun, 28 May 2017 16:27:17 -0700, Joy wrote:

http://www.theonion.com/article/vaca...s-miss-her-463

Whomever wrote this crap doesn't know anything about cats!

That's not exactly how I'd put it, but I agree.

The Onion IS a satire (aka fake) site.

I thought everyone knew that - but they know now. Yes, it's a fake
article, and seen in that light, it's very funny. I've never cancelled
a vacation because of the cats, but I'd probably be going away more
often if it weren't that I hate leaving them.

I'm pretty much retired and I have to force myself to take a trip.
Old May 29th 17, 06:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
cshenk

wrote:

On 5/26/2017 2:17 AM, Joy wrote:
On 5/25/2017 8:37 PM, dgk wrote:
[...]

http://www.theonion.com/article/vaca...ks-cats-miss-h
er-463

Well, that article raised my blood pressure by a few points. What
bosh! Of course our cats miss us. I don't think they grieve the
way dogs do, but they definitely miss us.

You do know the Onion is a site that posts fake tounge in cheek stuff
to make fun and shock folks right?

Old May 29th 17, 07:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

wrote:

On 5/26/2017 2:17 AM, Joy wrote:
On 5/25/2017 8:37 PM, dgk wrote:
[...]

I didn't realize it was the Onion.
Old May 29th 17, 09:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
cshenk

wrote:

On 5/26/2017 2:17 AM, Joy wrote:
On 5/25/2017 8:37 PM, dgk wrote:
[...]

http://www.theonion.com/article/vaca...thinks-cats-mi
ss-h er-463

Well, that article raised my blood pressure by a few points. What
bosh! Of course our cats miss us. I don't think they grieve the
way dogs do, but they definitely miss us.

You do know the Onion is a site that posts fake tounge in cheek
stuff to make fun and shock folks right?

I didn't realize it was the Onion.

Not to worry, happened to many of us the first time.

Marlo returns? dgk Cat anecdotes 16 October 6th 16 01:32 PM
More on Marlo dgk Cat anecdotes 11 July 23rd 16 12:10 PM
Off to the vet with Marlo dgk Cat anecdotes 9 June 3rd 10 12:11 PM
Marlo's drooling dgk Cat health & behaviour 24 November 24th 08 07:56 PM
Marlo does a cat-like thing dgk Cat health & behaviour 5 November 21st 07 09:30 PM