Floyd the survivor cat

Old June 10th 17, 03:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette[_4_]

Default Floyd the survivor cat

Jack Campin wrote:

This is an amazing story:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff-nation/...earthquake-cat

I can't believe his original humans decided not to take him because his
face was "disfigured." (It doesn't look disfigured to me in the photo of
him sitting on the lawn, but maybe it's showing his good side. ) I'll
bet the real reason they didn't want him anymore was because the vet
bills would've been enormous.

LOL at the idea that he would have an "intellectual disability" due to
brain damage. No more physics studies for him! (Cats know about physics
anyway, they seem to live on the quantum level.)

Joyce
--
Beauty and music seduce us first; later, ashamed of our own sensuality,
we insist on meaning. -- Clive Barker
Old June 10th 17, 04:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette[_4_]

The Newest Other Guy wrote:

On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 02:43:48 -0000 (UTC), Bastette
wrote:

Jack Campin wrote:

This is an amazing story:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff-nation/...earthquake-cat

I can't believe his original humans decided not to take him because his
face was "disfigured." (It doesn't look disfigured to me in the photo of
him sitting on the lawn,

He has NO SKULL beneath his right eye and ear!

Right, but it doesn't show. I thought they didn't want him because he
didn't "look right" anymore.

I'm surprised he's OK going out and running around, with no protection
for his brain in that part of his head. But I guess that's better than
keeping him cooped up inside all the time. Better to really enjoy his
life (especially since he came so close to losing it) even if he might
die earlier than he would have if he'd been kept indoors.

Joyce