MEOW!! When Is the Jellicle Ball?

Old September 21st 17, 10:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

Default MEOW!! When Is the Jellicle Ball?

Does anycat know when the 1st Full Moon in October rises?? "Bobcat" has been hogging the 'puter for the last month -- he is from the U.S. Virgin Islands -- growing up on St. Croix, working in St. Thomas, and hanging out in St.. John. and for a few years lived in San Juan, Puerto Rico. He still has many, many friends throughout not just the Virgin Islands, but throughout the entire West Indies. Tonight he is dozing so I'm conducting a secret raid on the 'puter. I will be at the Jellicle Ball!!

This Year's Theme should be "The Power Love", and be dedicated to All the Cats, and D*GS and other animals who may have perished in TX from Fredrick, those in the West Indies and Florida from Irma, and in Dominica, St. Croix, and Puerto Rico from Maria. We should also not forget those in Mexico who may have perished in the Earthquake.

If there is one thing we should have learned, life is too short to live in perpetual mourning, therefore it is proper that we CELEBRATE LIFE!!! and give thanks to Bast that we can once again gather together and once again sing the praises of those who have crossed the Rainbow Bridge, but this year let's be both respectful and dignified, as we remember all our brothers and sisters (as well as friends who might not have been fortunate to be born CATS)!! Please have your human donate at least a bag of cat food or pet food to help all the now homeless cats and pets. Let the Power of LOVE shine forth from this year's Jellicle Ball.

Misty the Black Panther and Mistress of the Night

Old September 21st 17, 05:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

2:41 pm in whut time zone?

Sundance, who takes an interest in such things
Old September 21st 17, 08:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Francesca the Fierce

On 2017-09-21 16:30:43 +0000, Sundance and/or Rebecca said:

2:41 pm in whut time zone?

Sundance, who takes an interest in such things

Oct 5, 2017 at 18:40 UTC. So da quoted time must have been in da US
Mountain time zone (UTC-6).

FtF

Old September 21st 17, 08:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mishi[_2_]

On Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 12:30:44 PM UTC-4, Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote:
2:41 pm in whut time zone?

Sundance, who takes an interest in such things

October 5 18:40 UTC = 2:40 PM EDT.
http://www.moongiant.com/moonphases/October/2017
Old September 21st 17, 11:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

On 2017-09-21 16:30:43 +0000, Sundance and/or Rebecca said:

2:41 pm in whut time zone?

Sundance, who takes an interest in such things

Oct 5, 2017 at 18:40 UTC. So da quoted time must have been in da US
Mountain time zone (UTC-6).

FtF

Iowna pokes up and adds "UTC is the new name for Grenwich Mean or
'London time'". EST is 4 hours behind that so their 18:40 UTC is our
14:40 or 2:40pm. Kittahs on the west coast are 3 hours behind that so
it's 11:40am local there.

It's all ok. Kittahs and Doggies can time things to get where we want
to be at the right time.

Daisy-chan has it worked out with Rebecca who's either 2 or 3 hours
(PST or MST) normally frum us'uns in EST timezone.

Old September 21st 17, 11:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

Those figures are correct for US locations that are on Daylight Savings Time. The US east coast is usually considered to be 5 hours behind UTC.
Old September 22nd 17, 12:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Francesca the Fierce

On 2017-09-21 22:41:59 +0000, Sundance and/or Rebecca said:

Those figures are correct for US locations that are on Daylight Savings
Time. The US east coast is usually considered to be 5 hours behind UTC.

Akchooly, that's true fur Standard Time, but during Daylight Savings
Time Eastern Time is 4 hours behind GMT. Da Central Time Zone where I
am is 5 hours behind GMT during Daylight Savings, and 6 hours behind
during Standard Time.

Mine hoomin duz GMT conversions allllll day long.

FtF

Old October 1st 17, 12:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pit2nya[_3_]

On Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 12:08:44 PM UTC-7, Mishi wrote:
On Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 12:30:44 PM UTC-4, Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote:
2:41 pm in whut time zone?

Sundance, who takes an interest in such things

October 5 18:40 UTC = 2:40 PM EDT.
http://www.moongiant.com/moonphases/October/2017

In Cattyfurrnya we get our hour back in Novemfurr 5th.
So it will still be Summer-time.