Weird

Old February 11th 09, 08:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Weird

I signed on to my computer a few minutes ago and all my newsgroups were
there except rpca. I've had to re-subscribe and have downloaded nearly
10,000 posts.
I now have no idea what I have read, or what I have replied to. They are of
course now all unread.
I will have to delete everything that has not come in in the last couple of
days as there's no way I can read 10,000 posts. I'm so sorry about this so
will send blanket purrs to all who need them.
I have no idea how this happened. I would certainly know if I'd decided to
unsubscribe to rpca, wouldn't I? And why would I anyway?
It's a mystery.
I used to think that people who blamed their computer probably weren't up to
speed with technology and had accidently done something wrong without
realising it. I now know that isn't true ;-)
I cannot accidentally unsubscribe to a newsgroup, there is a conscious
decision involved where I have to go to n.i.n folder and decide to delete
any newsgroup which I don't want to participate in any more.
That's not likely to be rpca.
The only other explanation is that I sleepwalk, go downstairs, sign in and
unsubscribe from rpca. I doubt it.

Tweed

Old February 11th 09, 09:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John A

In article , Christina Websell
wrote:

[...]

Blame the cats! It's well known that they are fiendishly clever.

John, servant to their Imperial Siamese Majesties, Rhia and Amy
Old February 11th 09, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
AZ Nomad[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

Top 9 Signs Your Cat Has Learned Your Internet Password

9. E-mail flames from some guy named "Fluffy."

8. Traces of kitty litter in your keyboard.

7. You find you've been subscribed to strange
newsgroups like alt.drugs.recreational.catnip.

6. Your mouse has teeth marks in it... and a strange aroma of tuna.

5. Hate-mail messages to Apple Computers, Inc. about thier
release of "CyberDog."

4. Your new ergonomic keyboard has a strange territorial scent to
it.

3. You keep finding new software around your house like CatinTax
and WarCat II.

2. On IRC you're known as the IronMouser.

and the #1 Sign Your Cat Has Learned Your Internet Password...

1. Little kitty carpal-tunnel braces near the scratching
post.
Old February 11th 09, 10:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Hey, stuff happens. I am not a good tech person for pc's so have done
things but as you say you have to go through steps to do this.

Old February 12th 09, 12:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

wrote:
[...]

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!

That's FUNNY!!!
Old February 12th 09, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baird Stafford

In article ,
"Christina Websell" wrote:

snip

The only other explanation is that I sleepwalk, go downstairs, sign in and
unsubscribe from rpca. I doubt it.

Nope, there's one other explanation: your server for some reason lost
the newsgroup and, when it found it again, reset all the numbers on the
articles. ISPs hate to admit it, but it *does* happen!

Baird

--
Instead, our congressmen talk to and about Rush Limbaugh
like Old Bolsheviks praising Comrade Stalin at their
Old February 12th 09, 09:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

this has happened to me a couple of times, and not the same group. when it
happened, I just arranged the posts without threading them in date order,
and went to my last post and marked everything before it as read, then re
threaded, ... can you tell this has happened more than once, Lee
[...]

Weird - OT CatNipped[_2_] Cat anecdotes 34 August 12th 08 10:01 PM
Weird AL tanadashoes Cat anecdotes 2 October 15th 07 09:45 PM
[OT] Weird Al Day! Mark Edwards Cat anecdotes 1 September 28th 06 04:38 AM