Does your cat watch TV? (Cats looking at pictures)

Old June 11th 05, 01:22 AM
Brian Link

Default Does your cat watch TV? (Cats looking at pictures)

All my cats have reacted differently to the TV. Some ignore it,
others, like Tiger, seem to be fascinated by it. He'll bat at things
moving across the screen, and get riveted if there's an animal there.

Is this just personal preference on the part of different individuals?
Or is there possibly some sort of difference in sight acuity that
allows some cats to resolve pictures on a CRT and others not to?

BLink
Old June 11th 05, 04:09 AM
Kevin Lee

Yep Brian, my Murphy watches TV. She only likes shows with animals, usually
if there's quite a bit of action. The sound of birds singing attracts her,
or the sound of small animals moving attracts her. As soon as the scene
changes to something human, she wanders off.

Kevin

Old June 11th 05, 05:21 AM
Niel Humphreys

"Brian Link" wrote in message
All my cats have reacted differently to the TV. Some ignore it,
others, like Tiger, seem to be fascinated by it. He'll bat at things
moving across the screen, and get riveted if there's an animal there.

Is this just personal preference on the part of different individuals?
Or is there possibly some sort of difference in sight acuity that
allows some cats to resolve pictures on a CRT and others not to?

Yep, one of my kitties loves to watch soccer. He will sit there for ages
looking at the screen and intermittantly trying to catch the players.

--

Niel H

Old June 11th 05, 10:04 PM
Hopitus

Maluce ignores the tv. Rowdy, OTOH, becomes very excited during NFL season
when his hoomins are screaming at it during Bronco games, and even though
his left eye is blind, jumps up and paws @ the running players on the screen
(nondiscrimanatory: he paws @ *all* the running players).

"Niel Humphreys" wrote in
message ...

Old June 11th 05, 10:52 PM
bigbadbarry

Brian Link wrote:

Is this just personal preference on the part of different individuals?
Or is there possibly some sort of difference in sight acuity that
allows some cats to resolve pictures on a CRT and others not to?

BLink

I think some are just smart enough to know it's not real

Old June 12th 05, 02:42 AM
Spot

Out of my three cats Mushkins is the only one who gets engrossed in TV. She
will lay at the bottom of the bed and watch the TV intently any time I have
it on animal planet or other nature shows other than that she doesn't show
much interest. It's usually shows where they are showing wildlife with lots
of nature sounds that interest her.

Celeste

Old June 13th 05, 04:08 AM
Philip

Some kitties do watch TV!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...tty/9Lives.jpg

Old June 13th 05, 11:55 PM

Otis likes snooker, which I loathe, he runs behind the TV tryying to
find the balls or sits on top of the set and swats them, one day I'll
get a pic of him doing it, the only thing he hates is the X files and
that's the whistling, sends him mad.

Old June 14th 05, 01:24 AM

Mine like basketball on TV. They swat at the ball when it's in the air.

Old June 14th 05, 02:17 AM
.oO rach Oo.

We have a great photo of Stella standing on her hind legs with front paws on
the TV stand looking at an ostrich on TV. She isn't the real TV watcher
though... that would be Delilah. Delilah likes to see other cats on TV but
is a huge fan of watching those sheep herding dogs working. We were watching
a show once and when the dogs were on herding their sheep, she was all
eyes... a commercial came on and she would nap until the show came on again.
She has repeated this several times ... all for sheep herding dogs. She
doesn't care for other dogs or what they do. Delilah also likes Zellers
commercials.

--
..oO rach Oo.