Two strange cat things

Old May 13th 05, 05:12 AM
Suzanne via CatKB.com

Default Two strange cat things

Well...I was at my cousin's house tonight..her daughter is 12 and had two
strange stories...

One was about some bizarre Chinese practice of "growing" cats in a bottle
so that cat's body conforms to shape of bottle..

The other story was about a "mini cat" that is bred to be small..or they do
something surgically to it to create this effect..

Is either story true? Very disturbing stuff...

Old May 13th 05, 05:32 AM
Mary

"Suzanne via CatKB.com" wrote in message
Well...I was at my cousin's house tonight..her daughter is 12 and had two
strange stories...

One was about some bizarre Chinese practice of "growing" cats in a bottle
so that cat's body conforms to shape of bottle..

This sounds like the old "bonsai cat" hoax. Google for it.

The other story was about a "mini cat" that is bred to be small..or they

do
something surgically to it to create this effect..

Is either story true? Very disturbing stuff...

As long as there are losers who abuse animals, anything is possible.

Old May 13th 05, 12:35 PM
Wendy

"Suzanne via CatKB.com" wrote in message
Well...I was at my cousin's house tonight..her daughter is 12 and had two
strange stories...

One was about some bizarre Chinese practice of "growing" cats in a bottle
so that cat's body conforms to shape of bottle..

The other story was about a "mini cat" that is bred to be small..or they

do
something surgically to it to create this effect..

I recently had a man tell me he had one of the "mini cats". According to him
they breed them to be small. Don't know if he was BSing me or not but they
breed dogs to be tiny, why not cats.

Is either story true? Very disturbing stuff...

Old May 13th 05, 01:46 PM
Phil P.

"Suzanne via CatKB.com" wrote in message
Well...I was at my cousin's house tonight..her daughter is 12 and had two
strange stories...

One was about some bizarre Chinese practice of "growing" cats in a bottle
so that cat's body conforms to shape of bottle..

I don't know about that- sounds like BS to me.

The other story was about a "mini cat" that is bred to be small..or they

do
something surgically to it to create this effect..

She might be referring to Munchkins.

Phil

Old May 13th 05, 03:01 PM
Suzanne via CatKB.com

Yes, bonsai kittens are a hoax, and I've been had. ..The site itself is
sick - the kittens used are obviously in distress being shoved into a glass
jar, just for the purpose of being photographed for the joke. Plus, the guy
has a BABY in there too..

Found a hoaxbuster site with more info:

http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/bonsai.asp

and here's info on Munchkin cats:

http://munchkin.hypermart.net/

(next I guess they'll be taking photographs of Munchkin cats inside glass
jars...)

Old May 13th 05, 04:39 PM

Suzanne via CatKB.com wrote:
Well...I was at my cousin's house tonight..her daughter is 12 and had

two
strange stories...

One was about some bizarre Chinese practice of "growing" cats in a

bottle
so that cat's body conforms to shape of bottle..

The other story was about a "mini cat" that is bred to be small..or

they do
something surgically to it to create this effect..

Is either story true? Very disturbing stuff...

Oh, yes. The ancient Chinese art of Bonsai cat. It's very fascinating
and surprisingly easy.

First, choose a container and tell the cat it's too small for him to
fit in, and he is absolutely not allowed in the container. Here is the
result:

http://members.aol.com/sriddles/bonsaifrank.jpg

Next, laugh at the cat, and begin to take flash pictures. He will begin
to outgrow his container before your very eyes.

http://members.aol.com/gladyss5/bonsaifrank2.jpg

Finally, when he has outgrown his original container, he must be
re-potted. Preferably outdoors, in a flower bed he is absolutely not
allowed in. He will particularly thrive if planted near catnip.

http://members.aol.com/gladyss5/frankgarden.jpg

Sherry

Old May 13th 05, 04:39 PM

Are the munchkins a hoax, just looked at their site, if it's not a hoax
they are very sad, sick people - how's a cat supposed to jump with such
short legs., grrr someone please tell me it's a hoax, I'm angry now!
It's Friday the 13th, I might have to send Otis round to sort them out
(ha ha, oh how he'd love the chance to dominate for the first time in
his life)

Bizarre things the vet said Candace Cat health & behaviour 45 February 8th 05 09:27 PM
The Things Some People Say (OT) jmcquown Cat anecdotes 159 January 8th 05 02:09 AM
Silly things your cats do? katdad Cat anecdotes 15 December 22nd 04 06:52 AM
The things we do Yowie Cat anecdotes 6 January 25th 04 01:57 PM
My cat likes knocking things over dgk Cats - misc 2 January 8th 04 12:01 AM