Purr request for Sam

Old September 16th 04, 03:59 PM
Karen

I'm glad he is staying at teds. I worry about it being blockage from your
description, actually. But TED's is the best place to be in either case.
Will keep him in purrs. PLease keep us posted.

Karen

"Julie Cook" wrote in message
I'd like to ask for purrs for Sam if I may. Tuesday night it appeared
he might have some diarrhea. Wednesday morning it didn't look worse but
there was still the possibility and he didn't eat. He came to me slowly
and softly meowed. I worried about him all day yesterday because it
seemed he was asking me to help him and I went to work instead. Last
night it was apparent there was a problem. I actually thought he might
be dying. He appeared very weak, moved slowly but rather than diarrhea
it seemed he was unable to defecate. He would crouch and heave and
almost fall over in his efforts but with the exception of a small amount
of feces that was hanging on he couldn't finish the job. He stayed with
me for a little while being petted and we had a talk about the fact that
DH and I were leaving for a week long vacation and that someone would be
around to feed him, but I expected him to be there when I got home.
Then he looked at me and slowly walked away and into the dark. I went
inside and told DH that I was really worried about him and DH told me to
take him to the vet and have him checked. Now understand, we're
supposed to fly out tonight at 8 pm. The timing is all wrong! But what
can you do?

This morning I got up early anticipating having to find Sam in the rain
and wind. Fortunately it wasn't raining and Sam came running across the
yard when I called him. Running? This is the same cat that could barely
drag himself across the yard last night? He looked better, he'd cleaned
himself up and he ate a little, his voice was stronger so I was relieved
and thought I'd just take him in for vacs and an examination. I went to
the backyard to feed the birds before the storm moved in and Sam
followed me. In the 5 minutes it took for me to feed the birds, Sam
crouched 4 times in 4 different locations with no results. So something
is not right.

DH and I decided that Sam would stay at the vet while we are on
vacation. Although we have someone coming to feed Hobbes, Selena and
Lacey we're concerned that with Sam outside he might miss his meals and
believe me, after this bout of illness he's too thin to miss a meal.
So, Sam will be spending the week at Spa TED. Today he gets his vacs,
examination, blood tests, and depestified (worms, mites, fleas). We'll
rest easily knowing that Sam is getting any necessary medication and is
being fed, is warm and dry. And next week, while we're away, Sam loses
his dangly parts. By the time we return he'll have recovered
completely, be pest free, hopefully disease free and ready to move into
the house.

But today, my main concern is whatever has caused him to be so ill
yesterday. My greatest concern if F-Leuk. If he could get some purrs
to get well and if you think of it next Tuesday some Ouchie snip snip
purrs I would really appreciate it.

Thanks everyone!
Julie and Sam

Old September 16th 04, 04:15 PM
Pat

If it's a blockage it could be from worms. Hopefully it will be cured very
easily thanks to TED. Sending fervent purrs that he'll hardly notice your
absence and be fully normal when you return.

Old September 16th 04, 04:32 PM
Julie Cook

Karen wrote:
I'm glad he is staying at teds. I worry about it being blockage from your
description, actually. But TED's is the best place to be in either case.
Will keep him in purrs. PLease keep us posted.

Karen

That and/or UTI was what I was thinking as well, Karen. All things
considered, I think he's better off where he is. I hate that he has to
be confined for 12 days, but it is a feline only Spa. I was concerned
that if I brought him home and released him tonight that he could get
sick again just after we left and while my in-laws are very responsible,
I'm not sure they'd canvas the neighborhood looking for a stray cat if
Sam went into hiding. The people who were looking after him previously
told me that he'd get sick at times for a week or so and then he'd get
better (which is where the concern about Feline Leuk is coming from) but
they never took him to the vet and if they'd leave for vacation they'd
assume someone else would take care of him. I think he deserves to have
someone take responsibility for him from here on out which is what I
promised him last night if he'd just hang on through the night.

Julie

Old September 16th 04, 04:32 PM
Julie Cook

Karen wrote:
[...]

It's Back TW, Purr Request badwilson Cat anecdotes 44 August 13th 04 10:34 PM
Job Purr Request Jeanne Hedge Cat anecdotes 54 July 1st 04 05:09 PM
Human Purr Request Az Cat anecdotes 19 December 15th 03 06:28 AM
A purr request from Kate Marina Cat anecdotes 22 October 9th 03 09:38 PM
ANOTHER Purr Request Angela Ryan Cat anecdotes 15 September 4th 03 06:36 AM