Strange things cats eat

Old July 17th 07, 12:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

Default Strange things cats eat

http://www.stupidvideos.com/video/an...rn_On_The_Cob/

The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old July 17th 07, 01:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_2_]

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 07:56:01 -0400, Magic Mood Jeep wrote:

http://www.stupidvideos.com/video/an...rn_On_The_Cob/

At least three of my fifteen *love* corn on the cob, or fresh corn cooked
on the cob but cut off into a bowl. They turn their noses up at cooked
frozen and canned corn, and ignore raw corn in any form.

--
T.E.D. )

Old July 17th 07, 07:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Magic Mood Jeep" wrote in message
http://www.stupidvideos.com/video/an...rn_On_The_Cob/

The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

I used to have a couple of cats who *loved* corn on the cob. They made
worse pests of themselves when we were having corn than they did when we
cooked a turkey - and that's saying a lot. We'd give them any ends we
trimmed off the cob, and then give them the cobs after we'd finished with
them. They'd even nibble on those.

Joy

Old July 17th 07, 08:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Joy wrote:

"Magic Mood Jeep" wrote:

http://www.stupidvideos.com/video/an...rn_On_The_Cob/

I used to have a couple of cats who *loved* corn on the cob. They made
worse pests of themselves when we were having corn than they did when we
cooked a turkey - and that's saying a lot. We'd give them any ends we
trimmed off the cob, and then give them the cobs after we'd finished with
them. They'd even nibble on those.

Maybe it's the butter?

(I use olive oil - maybe that's why my cats aren't interested?)

Joyce
Old July 17th 07, 08:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_2_]

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 19:13:54 +0000, jXwXeXrXmXoXnXt wrote:

Joy wrote:

"Magic Mood Jeep" wrote:

http://www.stupidvideos.com/video/an...rn_On_The_Cob/

I used to have a couple of cats who *loved* corn on the cob. They made
worse pests of themselves when we were having corn than they did when we
cooked a turkey - and that's saying a lot. We'd give them any ends we
trimmed off the cob, and then give them the cobs after we'd finished with
them. They'd even nibble on those.

Maybe it's the butter?

(I use olive oil - maybe that's why my cats aren't interested?)

I don't use butter, or anything else, buy still several of mine go crazy
over it.

--
T.E.D. )

Old July 29th 07, 09:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
bonbon

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 09:43:49 +0300, Marina

Maybe it's the butter?

Caliban loves sweet corn out of a tin. Miranda also eats it once in a
while. Frank and Nikki used to love it, too. I'll have to see if I can
find any corn on the cob and try it on Caliban (as if I need to
introduce him to another food that I will then have to keep away from
him :P).

Louie likes canned mandarin oranges and fresh cantaloupe. How strange
is that?

-bonbon
Old July 30th 07, 05:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

bonbon wrote:

Louie likes canned mandarin oranges and fresh cantaloupe. How strange
is that?

Miranda has been known to lick the rim of a carton of OJ on more than
one occasion. Caliban licks the rim of cartons of tomato passata. My two
never seem to have heard that cats hate citrus fruit and tomatoes.

Old August 2nd 07, 11:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Exocat[_2_]

"Marina" wrote

Miranda has been known to lick the rim of a carton of OJ on more than
one occasion. Caliban licks the rim of cartons of tomato passata. My two
never seem to have heard that cats hate citrus fruit and tomatoes.

Nor does my Bandit - marmalade sandwiches go down his throat pretty well.

Perhaps I should rename him Paddington?

Purrs
Gordon & the FF