Take your bickering elsewhere (was: Do you have pics of your cats online??)

Old June 22nd 03, 12:49 PM
Stacey

Default Take your bickering elsewhere (was: Do you have pics of your cats online??)

We like to pride ourselves that this group, rec.pets.cats.anecdotes, is a
nice, friendly group and we live quite nicely without unpleasant,
argumentative threads in our daily lives... so if y'all are going to
continue this arguement, please do so in private, or somewhere else.

Stacey (Who only crossposted this post to make sure the arguers read it)
"nimue" wrote in message
Rona Yuthasastrakosol wrote:
"Cat Protector" wrote in message
news_0Ia.65452$Dr3.8765@fed1read02...
What an embarressmant to cats to be dressed up and paraded around,
especially dressed as prey. I bet this feline felt humiliated.
Remember people, cats are not dogs.

I sincerely doubt cats are capable of feeling humiliation. Remember,
cats are not people, they're cats. I can see how cats might feel
fear, contentment, hunger, thirst, anger--basic emotions. But
embarrassment and humiliation? Give me a break! You might want to
look up those words in the dictionary. On that note, you might also
want to look up the phrase "paraded around" in the dictionary. We
have absolutely no proof that the cat was "paraded around." And do
you really think another cat might have mistaken that cat for prey
just because it had bunny ears on?

Personally, I thought the cat looked rather proud in the costume. Of
course, what cat doesn't look proud?

rona

That has got to be the most stupid thing I ever heard. I am sure the cat
was fine with 2 seconds of bunny ears on his head. It was an adorable
pic -- the cat is obviously well fed, well groomed, and totally loved. He
looked completely content. Cats can feel humiliation. I doubt this was

one
of the times that cat did.
--
nimue

"There are things I will not tolerate: students loitering on campus
after school, horrible murders with hearts being removed... and also
smoking." Principal Snyder

"It enrages me to be told I have a temper."
Rose

Old June 23rd 03, 06:20 PM
elizabeth

"nimue" wrote in message .. .
Well, remind me never to stick up for you! Gosh!

Darn it all, nimue, do you have to be such a ****ing conciliatory
jerk? Do stop spewing your breederpleasing codswallop in my ng, and
stick with groups that don't offend your delicate sensibiliteis.
Sheesh.