Post Office Cat

Old August 21st 16, 06:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jeßus[_6_]

Default Post Office Cat

On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 17:12:16 -0700, Joy
wrote:

On 8/13/2016 4:56 PM, Je?us wrote:
On Fri, 12 Aug 2016 11:55:39 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

Not officially. I went to the Post Office to buy some stamps. Yeah, I
know some people who don't have computers so I still do "snail mail"
from time to time. There was a cute little grey tabby looking for
all the world like it was guarding the front door.

I said hello to the cat and stooped down to pet it. It scooted under a
bush. Ah, a feral. As soon as I went inside the cat resumed it's place
in front of the door again. There were lots of people going in and out.
The cat would move aside then sit back down in front of the door.

I didn't see any signs of it but someone must be feeding the cat.
Either that or there are a lot of mice or marsh rats around the Post
Office. I can't think of any other reason for her to just sit there by
the front door like that. She was cute.

It's cool to see things like that. Our local club has a tabby that has
been there close to a year now. Most people bring their dogs too and
yet this cat remains unscathed and happy to mingle amongst people.

Many years ago my adult kids and I traveled to Europe. We stayed in a
B&B in Amsterdam, and they had a resident cat. He would roam the
building, and if you opened your door (or left it ajar) he'd come in for
a visit.

Very cool
Old August 21st 16, 06:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jeßus[_6_]

On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 23:57:46 -0000 (UTC), Bastette
wrote:

One year I went to this place for Thanksgiving. The propriators cooked
this huge dinner buffet, and everyone sat in the living room having dinner.
And the big black cat would go from group to group, doing his "I'm so
hungry, they never feed me here" impression for each one. He really scored
that day.

I think he weighed about 29 pounds, and he was not a Maine Coon or any
other large breed. He was also about 19 years old. Amazingly, he was pretty
active - well, about as active as any member of a species that sleeps
16 hours per day - and could still jump up on the furniture. Which just
goes to show that a cat's mandate to be naughty will overcome any potential
physical obstacle.

That sounds a bit like my Lucy - big, always hungry... sleeps most of
the day... then races around the house like a lunatic when I'm trying
to sleep.