BENGAL cats

Old April 28th 05, 03:46 AM
Grofaz

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 09:28:14 -0500, kaeli
wrote:

I know I shouldn't get a third cat, so I reluctantly hand him back (after
waffling for nearly an HOUR and pretty much falling for him) and tell her
that if if no one takes him over the weekend (they were going to be at the
store for another day) to give me a call.
She called me three days later and asked me if I still wanted him.
Yup. 'Course I did. *heh*
That's my Jeffrey now, and he's just the biggest love. I figure since I gave
him back and no one else took him, he must be supposed to be mine. Or
something like that.

I think I'm going to cry. A beautiful story
Old April 28th 05, 04:23 AM
Philip

Diane L. Schirf wrote:
In article t,
"Philip" wrote:

Diane L. Schirf wrote:
In article ,
"CatNipped" wrote:

Whenever I see a man who feels so clearly "superior"
to beings weaker than himself (be it women

I wouldn't assume women are weaker than him. Depends on the woman.
Depends on the man.

Good observation, Diane. "CatNipped" has has an inferiority complex
which she projects onto cats and then tries to build herself up by
being -their- protector. It's similar to the person who gets
courage from drinking.

That is just an amazing non sequitur.

The tea is orange on Alpha Centauri today.

Ohhhhkay. (sensing a loosely wrapped feline).

Old April 28th 05, 02:45 PM
Steve G

Steve G wrote:

In quadrophonic sound. I think Google is off its meds.

S.

Old April 28th 05, 04:04 PM
Steve G

Philip wrote:
Steve G wrote:

(...)

You missed the point I was making, I think. Would the perfect cat,

who
happened to be a $225 moggy, be worth it to you?

Ah ... the "perfect" cat. Ok, yes.

OK, cool.

(...)

Agreed. If a cat was a cat was a cat .... and since they are far

from being
an endangered species, they have little intrinsic value and bring on
liability. Does appear that the more freakish they are, the higher

the
purchase price and increasingly, the more fragile.

Isn't necessarily true, but some breeds are indeed inherently flawed,
and in other cases appearance has been bred for at the expense of
robust health. This is not a flaw of breeding (or inbreeding) per se,
but it is a flaw in the way many breeders operate. Bengals AFAIK are a
safer bet than some of the longer-established breeds; their relative
youth means that breeders have not had very long to mess up the
genetics.

(...)

'The buyer' is you. Is it *your* vanity that prevents you from

buying
a mog?

Not at all. All but a pair of Siamese I had years ago were "moogies"

(a
term I never heard until this forum).

Moggies. A 'moogie' would be the diminutive for your organ, presumably.
Um, IYSWIM.

expressed purpose of discovering if a Bengal or Ocicat would be a

good
alternative to my usual choice of a "moogie".

OK. Having said that, if you are not fixed on the wildcat appearance,
then there no need to restrict your breeds to Bengal and Oci, and in
any case I would be surprised if you cannot find a mog who would meet
your personality needs.

Steve.

Old April 28th 05, 04:47 PM
Philip

Steve G wrote:
snip
OK. Having said that, if you are not fixed on the wildcat appearance,
then there no need to restrict your breeds to Bengal and Oci, and in
any case I would be surprised if you cannot find a mog who would meet
your personality needs.

Steve.

I like yellow/orange tabbies. As a visual thing, I find striped cats
pleasing to look at. The wildcat appearance is a recent phenomenon brought
on by the discovery of the better Bengals. If I caged in our back yard, an
Ocelot would be fun ... in my mind but prohibitively expensive. LOL

Using automotive terminology, I found two used Bengals on the internet.
Both were garaged at night and looked great. One was a low mileage XLE
model with a sun roof (behaviourally buggered) and the other was in need
solitary confinement to avert repeat body damage from aggressive
interactions (nearly had its jugular severed in a cat fight).

Keep on lookin' ;^)

Old April 28th 05, 06:09 PM
PawsForThought

Mary wrote:
"Philip" wrote in message
link.net...
CatNipped wrote:

Philip, *PLEASE* buy a stuffed animal and *don't* get a cat!

There
are *NO* guarantees that *ANY* cat you adopt will not do any of

the
above (and *NO* I *DON'T* want to know how you taught him where

it was
OK
to yak). To
me (and to a lot of us here) adopting a cat is like adopting, or
birthing, a baby - you take what you get and love him/her no

matter
what problems come along with him/her.

Dear lady ... calm down. Contain your hostility.

From the beginning, I had no doubt that I would meet up with a

person or
two
operating with an unhealthy dedication to their pets.

Phillip, I'm sorry, but she is right. It could be that you might just

be
overly anal and controlling in the planning phase, but just on the

off
chance you will actually be like this with the cat you adopt, I think
you should reconsider. And you do NOT want a kitten. You will
wind up being cruel because you cannot control it to your
satisfaction. Maybe a very well mannered adult shelter cat that
has been there a long time, even one that someone else has
declawed.

The phrase "unhealthy dedication" is very telling. I think you have
an unhealthy dedication to your own convenience, your furniture,
your rugs. The rule is (and it is a good one) anything with a
pulse outranks anything without a pulse.

And please, don't act like you did not expect your comments

This guy's a jerk. He should get a pet rock. Idiot!

Old April 28th 05, 06:12 PM
-L.

kaeli wrote:

Really?! I had no idea.

*ahem*
*snickers*

~kaeli~
Acupuncture is a jab well done.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

Well, some people aren't as hip as you, Kaeli.
/me rolls eyes
-L.