State of Connecticut considering state ban on declawing cats

Old March 1st 08, 10:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Cory[_2_]

Default State of Connecticut considering state ban on declawing cats

I am merely passing along what I've read. Don't start any flame wars,
'kay, furkids??

http://www.wfsb.com/family/15453179/detail.html

--- Unca Cory, who typed in "hoomanspeek" just so other "hoomans"
could pass along the news to the other cat ng's if they were so
inclined...
Old March 1st 08, 10:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Hihi diz iz O T We knowz dat ofter peoplez might not agreez wif uzens but da
cats at diz houze fink diz iz a gudgud idearment.

Old March 2nd 08, 12:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams[_2_]

On Saturday 01 March 2008 17:23, Cory wrote:

I am merely passing along what I've read. Don't start any flame wars,
'kay, furkids??

http://www.wfsb.com/family/15453179/detail.html

--- Unca Cory, who typed in "hoomanspeek" just so other "hoomans"
could pass along the news to the other cat ng's if they were so
inclined...

Gud fur Conecticat! We nedds more uv dis!!

Diana fur her house.

--
Regards,
Fred
Old March 2nd 08, 12:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Cory[_2_]

On Mar 1, 5:44 pm, "Granby" wrote:
Hihi diz iz O T We knowz dat ofter peoplez might not agreez wif uzens but da
cats at diz houze fink diz iz a gudgud idearment.

Onyx is declawed. *I* had it done (meaning he wasn't that way when I
got him) because I didn't know any better. I absolutely regret it
now, though... for several reasons. Onyx, for whatever reason, has
gotten MUCH feistier sp? since my parents took him in in the late
90's. TED has to gas him now so that TED can do his/her work on Onyx
whenever he goes to see TED. He'd never, EVER been that way with me
before, and I suspect it is because when I HAD Onyx declawed, I got
sick the day after his declawing, and I literally forgot to come and
get him, so he sat at TED's for 3-4 days, at least. Here he was, he'd
just had his nails ripped out, first "knuckles" amputated, and he was
in "kitty jail" at TED's for longer than he should have been.

I DO NOT think he was mistreated by TED who declawed him, because he
started manifesting his hissy behavior with TED WAY after the declaw
incident, and only after he'd moved in with my folks. Having said
that, there's no way to know for sure if what happened when I
accidently left him had any effect on his behavior now, but the poor
guy has an absolute MELTDOWN any time he goes to TED's now (FTR, I do
not believe for a nanosecond that any of his TED's have mistreated
him... my parents would know if something were going on. It's not as
if they leave the room when he's examined). He's WAY out of control
at TED's nowadays. I CAN tell you, FOR SURE, that the process of
having Onyx declawed turned Onyx into a biter, and from things I've
read about declawing, that kind of change in behavior after being
declawed is NOT unusual at all in cats. Onyx is NOT a fear biter,
BTW, and I am pretty confident about saying that.

Also, Onyx lives with other kitties now, none of whom have been
declawed. He can bite, yes (and he does, trust me...), and he
initiates rough-housing just as much as the other kitties in the
house, but if he were ever lost in the OUT (which would have a, like, .
001 % chance of happening, mind you), I'd be concerned he wouldn't be
able to defend himself properly because he has no front claws.

I think that this is a good law that Connecticut has passed. There
are other alternatives these days to prevent furniture damage and
alleviate all of the rest of concerns and reasons why cat owners
declaw their cats.

--- Cory
Old March 2nd 08, 02:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
ChildFree23

I am merely passing along what I've read. Don't start any flame wars,
'kay, furkids??

http://www.wfsb.com/family/15453179/detail.html

Thank you for posting this, Cory.

They've banned declawing in the city of West Hollywood, CA, so why not in
Connecticat? ;-)

Debby

Old March 2nd 08, 03:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Will in New Haven

On Mar 1, 5:23 pm, Cory wrote:
I am merely passing along what I've read. Don't start any flame wars,
'kay, furkids??

http://www.wfsb.com/family/15453179/detail.html

--- Unca Cory, who typed in "hoomanspeek" just so other "hoomans"
could pass along the news to the other cat ng's if they were so
inclined...

Dis iz a gud idearment. My meowmie, hoo wuvs me furry much, gotted mee
decwad becuz shee din' no no goodur.

It wuz rong an it hurted butted it hasn roond my lif or nuffing.

Wen I meetz hur at da Bridj, I will haff awl my nice sharp cwaz.
Butted I will be sew happy too see myown meowmie, sew oberjoyed, I
will certenly gnott skrach hur at awl. I will purr an cuddle wiff hurr
an be furry gentl an sweeet. Butted I mite skrach sum furnichur.

Yup, I mite.

WooToo

--

Cuddly-seep is speshul
One ower countz az too

Old March 2nd 08, 03:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

That will be alright to do WooToo, I bet there are all sorts of things to
scratch and no one to yell "stop that".

Old March 3rd 08, 02:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
The Porter Cats[_2_]

On Mar 1, 4:23*pm, Cory wrote:
I am merely passing along what I've read. *Don't start any flame wars,
'kay, furkids??

http://www.wfsb.com/family/15453179/detail.html

--- Unca Cory, who typed in "hoomanspeek" just so other "hoomans"
could pass along the news to the other cat ng's if they were so
inclined...

Wee wish Texis wood du dis.

Lucy
Old March 3rd 08, 03:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
kraut

I am merely passing along what I've read. *Don't start any flame wars,
'kay, furkids??

http://www.wfsb.com/family/15453179/detail.html

--- Unca Cory, who typed in "hoomanspeek" just so other "hoomans"
could pass along the news to the other cat ng's if they were so
inclined...

Wee wish Texis wood du dis.

Lucy

We wish the whole U.S. would do this!!!

Old March 3rd 08, 05:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams[_2_]

On Monday 03 March 2008 10:16, kraut wrote:

I am merely passing along what I've read. Â*Don't start any flame
wars, 'kay, furkids??

http://www.wfsb.com/family/15453179/detail.html

--- Unca Cory, who typed in "hoomanspeek" just so other "hoomans"
could pass along the news to the other cat ng's if they were so
inclined...

Wee wish Texis wood du dis.

Lucy

We wish the whole U.S. would do this!!!