Report on Buffy the 'Garage Kitty'

Old August 8th 08, 04:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

Default Report on Buffy the 'Garage Kitty'

I received a phone call from Buffy's new human.

She took Buffy to see TED today.

All his physical exams cam back normal, except that he is dangerously
thin. The labs will come back on Friday, or Monday.

The vet said it's a good thing I had started feeding him when I did; he
might still have some damage (probably 'minor') from starving for so
long :-(

The vet also said she was very impressed with Buffy's good behavior.

And the vet told his new human to thank me for rescuing him.

TED gave Buffy's human a BIG break on the charges: apparently, she has a
soft spot for rescue cats. (And of course, Buffy will be seeing this TED
for a very long time, with luck.)

He's between 1 and 2 years old; and probably closer to 1 year.

He seemed to have a more kitten like personality, so this doesn't
surprise me at all.

Buffy is settling in his new home like he has always lived there. He's
confined to the sun room for now, but can be heard crying at the door,
begging for attention.

She told me he's just a real lover, and is very gentle, and sweet. He
knows how to use a scratching post, too. And she got him some new toys:
he especially likes the feather on a wand. TED warned against using it
much though, until he gains some more weight back. Buffy needs to
treated like a 'sick cat', until his weight is more normal. He'll be on
kitten food for quite a long time, I think.

She loves him to pieces, already. She has been without a cat for several
months, and was already thinking about getting another kitty.

Talk about your lucky timing: she was going to start looking for another
kitten or cat this weekend! Instead, she got Buffy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

Old August 8th 08, 05:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Thanks to your caring she got Buffy. Luck had nothing much to do with it.
It was because YOU cared enough to worry about the poor little thing.

Old August 8th 08, 05:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Gandalf wrote:
I received a phone call from Buffy's new human.

She took Buffy to see TED today.

We'll be purring that he hasn't suffered any permanent damage from
starvation. Poor little fellow! Glad to hear how happy he is in his new
home.

Old August 8th 08, 11:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Gandalf wrote:
[...]

That was so nice of her to let you know. Thanks for updating us, I hope we
can see more pictures as he gains weight.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old August 8th 08, 12:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Gandalf wrote:
Talk about your lucky timing: she was going to start looking for another
kitten or cat this weekend! Instead, she got Buffy!

I love a happy ending.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old August 8th 08, 12:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

Gandalf wrote:
[...]

Great story and I'm happy to hear about the clean bill of health from TED.
You saved another master!

Thanks, Gandalf. :~)

kili

Old August 8th 08, 01:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Gandalf" wrote in message
[...]

If *you* hadn't gone to all the lengths you did to find him a home, he
wouldn't be with her, so, a little luck and a *lot* of loving care by you
got him to his forever home! Well done!

Ear Skritches,

CatNipped

Old August 8th 08, 03:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobblespin

(Gandalf) wrote in news:489cbe91.4876218
@news.iphouse.com:

[...]

We too rescued a starving kitten many years ago. We thought George was
2 months old, but the vet said he was at least 4 months. He weighed
less than a feather. He was healthy until he died at 12 and was the
sweetest cat ever. I think with good nutrition and vet care, Buffy will
be ok too.

Bobble

Old August 8th 08, 04:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Gandalf" wrote in message
[...]

That is just wonderful. Poor Buffy! Purring that your and his new slave's
efforts will be rewarded by a healthy, happy Buffy.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old August 8th 08, 09:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Gandalf" wrote in message
[...]

You did a wonderful, kind thing and because of it good things have happened
for the boy to find a perfect home. I am a firm believer in that good
things happen from good things done. Call it karma, or what you will.

Tweed
hmm, too many "things" in this post but you know what I mean