"Furrocious" Kitty Terroizes Family--Man Calls 911

Old March 12th 14, 07:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL[_2_]

Default "Furrocious" Kitty Terrorizes Family--Man Calls 911

"Inyo" wrote in message ...

"Inyo" wrote in message

In the original posting Subject Line...the word "Terrorize" is what I meant
to write, obviously...I think...grin.

Yes, over at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg5NfuPy1Z0 and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL0AD6I8BNw are news reports pertaining to
a kitty in Portland, Oregon, who after getting kicked threatens with
menacing
ferocity (furrocity?) a family (and their dog), holding them hostage in a
bedroom,
precipitating an emergency call to 911 authorities by the man.

http://inyo.coffeecup.com/site/acous...llthetime.html
"All Inyo All The Time"--all of my acoustic 6 and 12-string guitar playing
available on the Net.

~~~~~~~~~
Most of the news reports have concentrated on how "vicious" the attack was,
and many say the family should get rid of the cat (some calling for
euthanasia). My focus was on something else--first, the baby pulled the
cat's tail. In my opinion, the parents should be watching more closely and
realize that both the baby and the cat were behaving normally until the
child is taught not to pull or hit a cat. Then, the father *kicked* the cat
for scratching the child (*after* the child pulled its tail). It was only
after that that the cat began to behave in an aggressive manner. Years ago,
I adopted a cat from a family that had had her declawed on *all four paws.*
She was actually a little angel, but she spent most of her time under the
bed when she was with them. They could not understand why she did that,
although they even told me that their toddler kept pulling her around the
room by her tail when she was out in the open. I think they were very lucky
that their toddler never got scratched or bitten, but my opinion is that it
was really the parents' fault. I grew up with both cats and dogs (and later
ponies), but we were taught from a very young age how to treat animals with
love and gentleness--and we were not left alone with them until we were old
enough to learn that type of behavior.

MaryL