wrestling

Old March 25th 15, 05:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sylvia M[_3_]

Default wrestling

"dgk" wrote in message
On Tue, 24 Mar 2015 16:20:52 GMT, Baldoni
wrote:

John Doe laid this down on his screen :
Baldoni wrote:

John Doe write:

I've always enjoyed wrestling (real wrestling, not professional
wrestling). The newcomer female is bigger than my male. And she is a
bully. Now they are warming up to each other, they are frequently
wrestling. Most of it is friendly, but sometimes they get rough. He
is probably in it for the pussy, but she is a relentless player. I
love it. I will plan to keep their claws clipped to keep the risk of
injury down. And see how long it lasts.

I ain't been on these forums for a few years but mentioning clipping
claws used to cause an argument as I recall.

The expression "keep their claws clipped" means that it's being done
repeatedly. Before you argue, you'll need to figure out what exactly
you
are arguing about.

I won't "argue" over clipping a cat claws it's all a bit pointless !

I can't get my cats to submit to having their claws clipped. I try
once in a while, and get a few, but they do a pretty good job on the
scratching posts so it really isn't necessary. Mostly I just leave
them alone.

When I had an inside-outside cat, I never had to clip.
She used trees with thick bark. Never wore them down.
It takes 3 of us to get Pit2nya clipped...one to hold blanketed,
on one to scuff, and me to clip, and trim hair between toes that
she otherwise pulls at as though they bother her.

Otherwise we get bleedy when she climbs our legs to sit on
our laps and knead.

Old March 26th 15, 08:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe[_2_]

dgk wrote:

John Doe write:

I've always enjoyed wrestling (real wrestling, not professional
wrestling). The newcomer female is bigger than my male. And she is
a bully. Now they are warming up to each other, they are
frequently wrestling. Most of it is friendly, but sometimes they
get rough. He is probably in it for the pussy, but she is a
relentless player. I love it. I will plan to keep their claws
clipped to keep the risk of injury down. And see how long it
lasts.

I can't get my cats to submit to having their claws clipped. I try
once in a while, and get a few, but they do a pretty good job on the
scratching posts so it really isn't necessary. Mostly I just leave
them alone.

Since cats shed their claws (husks), they will be very sharp immediately
after shedding.

At least up to this point, I haven't had to force the issue. I always go
in with the attitude that the job doesn't have to be completed in one
effort.

And more recently using a headlamp helps a lot. No more fiddling around
with a flashlight, you can see precisely what you're doing. Wearing a
headlamp might not look good to the cat but I wear it often enough now
that maybe they are getting used to it. Sometimes clipping their claws
is a struggle, but I try to go with the flow, like clipping their claws
while they are standing on their hind legs... Possibly helpful is to
clip them where they lie, especially if they were taking a nap. Talk
gently. That kind of thing. Sitting on them helps too. As everybody here
knows, if they think they are free to run, they will run. When it's
over, I soothe them and release them slowly.
Old March 26th 15, 08:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe[_2_]

"Sylvia M" wrote:

Otherwise we get bleedy when she climbs our legs to sit on our laps
and knead.

Yes, in addition to deterring a bully, that's one of the best reasons to
clip them IMO. Saves on clothing.
Old March 27th 15, 01:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sylvia M[_3_]

"John Doe" wrote in message
dgk wrote:

[...]

Pit2nya is used to getting a 5 pouncy treat after the clipping.
She goes right to the spot the are given,
after being (a brat-cat while being) clipped

Old June 12th 15, 04:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe[_2_]

It didn't turn out very well, especially for my half pint size Calico. The
bully made their lives miserable.

Old June 12th 15, 06:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
obsidianjg

On Thursday, June 11, 2015 at 11:49:44 PM UTC-4, John Doe wrote:
It didn't turn out very well, especially for my half pint size Calico. The
bully made their lives miserable.

So, what are you planning to do?

Old June 13th 15, 05:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe[_2_]

obsidianjg wrote:

John Doe wrote:

It didn't turn out very well, especially for my half pint size
Calico. The bully made their lives miserable.

So, what are you planning to do?

Cope.