Pit2nya cuddles

Old June 12th 14, 07:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sylvia M[_3_]

Default Pit2nya cuddles

Pit2nya is 11 years old. She can sometimes be found on the bed near our
feet in the morning. For the last few months, she occasionally has
jumped up to me as I am laying down, and allow for a short
cuddle-snuggle before jumping down. Most recently I find her where I
belong on the bed as I return from the bathroom. I work my way around
her and we have a petting session.
But...last night at about 2 a.m. as I awakened, I felt her sleeping,
spread out, back-to-back, firmly against my back. Needless to say, I
did not get up, but enjoyed the contact. When I finally did get out of
bed, carefully, not to disturb her, she was still there when I returned,
and allowed a brief cuddle before she jumped down.
I am thrilled!

Sylvia

Old June 12th 14, 10:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 6/12/2014 11:40 AM, Sylvia M wrote:
Pit2nya is 11 years old. She can sometimes be found on the bed near our
feet in the morning. For the last few months, she occasionally has
jumped up to me as I am laying down, and allow for a short
cuddle-snuggle before jumping down. Most recently I find her where I
belong on the bed as I return from the bathroom. I work my way around
her and we have a petting session.
But...last night at about 2 a.m. as I awakened, I felt her sleeping,
spread out, back-to-back, firmly against my back. Needless to say, I
did not get up, but enjoyed the contact. When I finally did get out of
bed, carefully, not to disturb her, she was still there when I returned,
and allowed a brief cuddle before she jumped down.
I am thrilled!

Sylvia

There's nothing like that bed-snuggling, is there? Waffles used to come
up and snuggle for a while after I'd gotten up in the night, but since
I've been stuffing various medications down his throat, he doesn't trust
me enough to do that any more. :-(

Joy

--
Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters
Old June 12th 14, 10:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sylvia M[_3_]

"Joy" wrote in message
[...]

Purrs that he gets past this, and snuggle-trusts you again, Joy.

Sylvia

Old June 12th 14, 11:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 6/12/2014 2:48 PM, Sylvia M wrote:
"Joy" wrote in message
[...]

Thank you, Sylvia.

Joy

Old June 13th 14, 10:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Sylvia M" wrote in message
Pit2nya is 11 years old. She can sometimes be found on the bed near our
feet in the morning. For the last few months, she occasionally has jumped
up to me as I am laying down, and allow for a short cuddle-snuggle before
jumping down. Most recently I find her where I belong on the bed as I
return from the bathroom. I work my way around her and we have a petting
session.
But...last night at about 2 a.m. as I awakened, I felt her sleeping,
spread out, back-to-back, firmly against my back. Needless to say, I did
not get up, but enjoyed the contact. When I finally did get out of bed,
carefully, not to disturb her, she was still there when I returned, and
allowed a brief cuddle before she jumped down.
I am thrilled!

Sylvia

Aww. I know how it feels to wait years for that trusting contact.
Interesting that she did it when she thought you were asleep but when she
knew you were awake only a brief cuddle was allowed.
It took years for Boyfie to get on my lap, now I can hardly get him off it
so I guess Pit2nya will gradually get more confidence now the sky didn't
fall in after sleeping with meowmie.
I know you post on another group which I don't subscribe to so I'm not
familiar with Pit2nya's story. I'm guessing she has trust issues like
Boyfie.
I did try that group but was fairly useless at meowchat - reading it was
fine, but writing it, well, I wasn't so brilliant.
I'm thrilled for you, too.

Tweed

Old June 14th 14, 05:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sylvia M[_3_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

"Sylvia M" wrote in message
[...]

Much appreciated, Tweed.
Yes, 'meow-chat' is easy for me, I taught first and second grade,
so phonetic spelling is no purroblem ;-)
I also enjoy punning (yes, the lowest form of humor, I know)

Actually, Pit2nya is friendly to all,. Anyone who comes to the door
is approached and invited by her to pet and skritch a bit.
She is more of a lay-by-my-side-on-the-couch and allow petting
till she is ready to get down. You seem to have had a harder trek with
Boyfie,
but it is makes it all the sweeter, doesn't it?

Sylvia

Old June 14th 14, 05:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sylvia M[_3_]

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article ,
Sylvia M wrote:
Pit2nya is 11 years old. She can sometimes be found on the bed near
our
feet in the morning. For the last few months, she occasionally has
jumped up to me as I am laying down, and allow for a short
cuddle-snuggle before jumping down. Most recently I find her where I
belong on the bed as I return from the bathroom. I work my way around
her and we have a petting session.
But...last night at about 2 a.m. as I awakened, I felt her sleeping,
spread out, back-to-back, firmly against my back. Needless to say, I
did not get up, but enjoyed the contact. When I finally did get out
of
bed, carefully, not to disturb her, she was still there when I
returned,
and allowed a brief cuddle before she jumped down.
I am thrilled!

Sylvia

How lovely, it's so rewarding when they cuddle up to you.

Sootie likes me to lie on my back and then she lies on the top of my
legs
but should she come to me when I'm on my side she will lie on me on
other
side. As I don't realise she's there and I turn over she often ends up
on
the floor but just comes back up and lies by my feet if I haven't
woken (I
usually wake due to the bump as she hits the floor) and am lying on my
back for her to cuddle. She's not safe by my feet either as I
sometimes
kick her off but still she just comes back.

Judith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

Pit2nya weighs 12 pounds, and I would be aware of every ounce if she lay
on me at night.
Glad it works for you and Sootie. How much does she weigh

Sylvia?

Old June 14th 14, 05:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

How lovely, it's so rewarding when they cuddle up to you.

Sootie likes me to lie on my back and then she lies on the top of my legs
but should she come to me when I'm on my side she will lie on me on other
side. As I don't realise she's there and I turn over she often ends up on
the floor but just comes back up and lies by my feet if I haven't woken (I
usually wake due to the bump as she hits the floor) and am lying on my
back for her to cuddle. She's not safe by my feet either as I sometimes
kick her off but still she just comes back.

All three of ours have different places they like to snuggle. Ollie
likes to curl up between my legs or between me and Marion at knee level.
Chloe prefers to sprawl on my chest purring into my face. Marblecake
is usually beside me when I wake up, squeezed tight against me and as
immovable as a sack of cement. Until I wake up, when she rolls over
to have her tummy tickled and promptly saturates the duvet with drool.
The common element is "you're not going anywhere until I say so".

Old June 14th 14, 05:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 6/12/2014 2:40 PM, Sylvia M wrote:
Pit2nya is 11 years old. She can sometimes be found on the bed near our
feet in the morning. For the last few months, she occasionally has
jumped up to me as I am laying down, and allow for a short
cuddle-snuggle before jumping down. Most recently I find her where I
belong on the bed as I return from the bathroom. I work my way around
her and we have a petting session.
But...last night at about 2 a.m. as I awakened, I felt her sleeping,
spread out, back-to-back, firmly against my back. Needless to say, I
did not get up, but enjoyed the contact. When I finally did get out of
bed, carefully, not to disturb her, she was still there when I returned,
and allowed a brief cuddle before she jumped down.
I am thrilled!

Sylvia

How nice Pit2nya is allowing some bed cuddles! Cuddles are very nice,
aren't they? Persia usually (I'd say 90% of the time these days)
sleeps curled into my side. She manages to scoot me over during the
night so I wake up and find myself in the middle of the bed.

This morning, it was very early. She had gotten up to munch on some
kibble. When she got back up on the bed she curled up between my feet.
I was conscious of her being there so I didn't inadvertently kick her
off the bed. But she doesn't usually sleep by my feet.

Jill
Old June 14th 14, 10:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 6/14/2014 2:43 PM, Judith Latham wrote:

Sylvia M wrote:
[...]

She's a smallish cat, not tiny but when I take off my glasses I'm
surprised that she's small. She doesn't carry much weight at all, by that
I mean that I know when she's on me but it's not uncomfortable. She will
have to keep the weight off if she's going to continue to jump up my seven
foot fence. I think it's probably because she only eats cat food,
rarely human food. I'll have to try to weigh her.

Judith

I've found that the easiest way to weigh a cat at home is to weigh
myself, then pick up the cat and step on the scale again. The cat's
weight is the difference.