Going to SPCA tomorrow (*not* adopting myself)

Old January 7th 08, 05:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M[_3_]

Default Going to SPCA tomorrow (*not* adopting myself)

Hi all:

Inspired by my trip to the SPCA, I was telling my brother and SIL about
some of the cats there. They had just decided that their cat, Melba,
was lonely and were thinking of adopting another one. I am going
tomorrow AM with my SIL to look at one that they've been looking at online.

They need an especially mellow fellow for their high strung girl who is
prone to litterbox issues and tummy troubles. She is also very lonely
since my brother is working and my SIL in school full time. They've
found one online who is so mellow he's part of some feline club there
where they all live together in a big room.

I will see if little Star is out yet and if I can visit with him.

Susan M
Otis and Chester
Old January 8th 08, 04:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Susan M wrote:
Hi all:

Inspired by my trip to the SPCA, I was telling my brother and SIL about
some of the cats there. They had just decided that their cat, Melba,
was lonely and were thinking of adopting another one. I am going
tomorrow AM with my SIL to look at one that they've been looking at online.

They need an especially mellow fellow for their high strung girl who is
prone to litterbox issues and tummy troubles. She is also very lonely
since my brother is working and my SIL in school full time. They've
found one online who is so mellow he's part of some feline club there
where they all live together in a big room.

I will see if little Star is out yet and if I can visit with him.

I hope they found what they were looking for... or could Star possibly
be a good match? Wouldn't it be nice to keep him in the family? Update
please!

Old January 8th 08, 07:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M[_3_]

Marina wrote:

I hope they found what they were looking for... or could Star possibly
be a good match? Wouldn't it be nice to keep him in the family? Update
please!

Well, the shelter is being cagey about Star. I phoned in advance and
they said that he was approved for adoption today but was in the holding
area till a viewing space became available. They said that I could ask
to see him. When I actually got there, the rep said that I couldn't see
him because he was in quarantine, which I don't believe was true. My
brother and SIL went back tonight and found that he wasn't out either.

My SIL has a thing for long haired cats, particularly black ones. The
one she looked at online was not what she was looking for but another,
Sylvester, really jumped out at her. He put on a show for her and was
hugely affectionate and outgoing. She put him on hold so that my
brother could see him tonight. He liked Sylvester but remains concerned
about their existing cat so they didn't pull the trigger tonight. Their
cat is a female who was traumatized by a fairly psychotic female
should-be-only cat that they ended up rehoming with my SIL's mom. This
cat would prevent Melba from using the litterbox and eating and Melba
developed all kinds of stress related symptoms. They've finally got her
under control and Mark is worried about pushing her over the edge with
the wrong fit. OTOH, she is very lonely with my bro and SIL out of the
house all day now and would probably do very well with a mellow fellow.

SO, they've gone home to think about it so we'll see what they decide to
do. It was murder again today to see them all and not take any home.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Quilt Raffle: Proceeds to benefit Wyoming County SPCA cdkscully Cats - misc 1 October 2nd 07 07:32 PM
Deadly virus @ Munroe County SPCA Sheelagh >o Cat health & behaviour 7 September 2nd 07 06:19 PM
SPCA videos Takayuki Cat anecdotes 12 January 6th 07 05:17 PM
HOUSTON SPCA (WebElder) Cat health & behaviour 0 September 2nd 05 08:13 PM