Cat Peeing On Bath Rug?

Old January 30th 08, 03:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
AR[_2_]

Default Cat Peeing On Bath Rug?

My cat just got over that swelling on his lip, and his meow is back
after being hoarse for a few days, but my once good cat is now being
bad and peeing on the bath rug. He also crapped on it a few times when
he was mad at me. His litter box is clean, he has all he can eat.,
fresh water, treats, sleeps on my mom's bed in the morning, has his
own super soft blanket I make into a bed for him to lounge and sleep
on at night. He gets hugged and his ears scratched, his back stroked
and scratched, and gets let out to play.This little furball has a
pretty good life and lucked out, so why is he peeing on my bath rug???
Any ideas to stop it?
Old January 30th 08, 04:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Gail[_2_]

He needs to see a vet to rule out a urinary tract infection. Urinating
outside of the box is a classic symptom. Also, you should provide him with
two boxes since many cats do not like to urinate and defecate in the same
box.
Gail

Old January 30th 08, 12:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Baldoni[_8_]

on 30/01/2008, Gail supposed :
"AR" wrote in message
My cat just got over that swelling on his lip, and his meow is back
after being hoarse for a few days, but my once good cat is now being
bad and peeing on the bath rug. He also crapped on it a few times when
he was mad at me. His litter box is clean, he has all he can eat.,
fresh water, treats, sleeps on my mom's bed in the morning, has his
own super soft blanket I make into a bed for him to lounge and sleep
on at night. He gets hugged and his ears scratched, his back stroked
and scratched, and gets let out to play.This little furball has a
pretty good life and lucked out, so why is he peeing on my bath rug???
Any ideas to stop it?

My cat Max is like that. I had to put 2 litter trays as he would ****
in the bath. He is starting to go outside now. He has to have the
tray kept extremly clean though.

--
Count Baldoni

Old January 30th 08, 08:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene S.

On Jan 29, 9:42*pm, "Gail" wrote:
He needs to see a vet to rule out a urinary tract infection. Urinating
outside of the box is a classic symptom. Also, you should provide him with
two boxes since many cats do not like to urinate and defecate in the same
box.
Gail"AR" wrote in message

Yes, please get him to the vet to rule out any medical problem(s). You
might even consider adding two boxes, in locations other than the
bathroom. It's possible he might not like going into the bathroom or
might want a quieter area to eliminate.
Old January 30th 08, 08:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
AR[_2_]

on 30/01/2008, Gail supposed :

"AR" wrote in message
[...]

My cat is named Max too...LOL! He goes outside and usually does his
business there, and he had just been outside, which makes me think
it's just spite somehow. He started doing it when I had put him into
the bathroom to allow my mother to east as he was all over her. He
left a large brown present on the rug, and now pees in the same spot.
I looked up urinary infection in cats and he doesn't lick himself
there at all. Another site suggested he wants to be like his owner and
use the bathroom like they do and sleep in a bed too. His box is clean
and private. He is crapping on it as well as peeing, so there has to
be something else going on that displeased the little ****!

Bath TIme!! WorththeWait via CatKB.com Cat anecdotes 4 June 24th 06 04:39 AM
Another bath! W. Leong Cat community 1 April 12th 06 11:26 PM
Lily got a bath, too! Pat Cat anecdotes 2 November 15th 05 07:14 PM
Billy's First Bath Pat Cat anecdotes 8 November 6th 05 09:42 PM
My Bath Gizela Cat anecdotes 2 December 18th 03 08:17 AM