Great cat litter scoop

Old December 26th 05, 11:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Great cat litter scoop

A friend gave me a "Litter-Lifter" cat scoop for Christmas. I love it!!
Now, it may sound a little strange to hear that someone "loves" a litter
scoop, but this one is so different that it really does deserve all the
raves. It is heavy-duty, wide and long enough for a really good scoop, and
the tines are placed in such a way that all clumps are retained and all
non-used litter drops through -- all without shaking it, so the clumps do
not break up. I have used all types of scoops through the years, but this
one is a marvel. If you're interested, go to this site to see what I'm
talking about: http://www.litter-lifter.com/index.html (And, no, I have no
financial interest in this company.)

MaryL

Old December 27th 05, 03:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

MaryL wrote:
A friend gave me a "Litter-Lifter" cat scoop for Christmas. I love it!!
Now, it may sound a little strange to hear that someone "loves" a litter
scoop, but this one is so different that it really does deserve all the
raves. It is heavy-duty, wide and long enough for a really good scoop, and
the tines are placed in such a way that all clumps are retained and all
non-used litter drops through -- all without shaking it, so the clumps do
not break up. I have used all types of scoops through the years, but this
one is a marvel. If you're interested, go to this site to see what I'm
talking about: http://www.litter-lifter.com/index.html (And, no, I have no
financial interest in this company.)

MaryL

OK, Mary, I just ordered one on your recommendation. It doesn't look
that much different from the regular scoops I use though! Wonder what
the secret is.
But at $8.50, with free shipping and handling, the price is certainly
reasonable.
Will write a review when I get it!

Sherry

Old December 28th 05, 12:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

MaryL wrote:
A friend gave me a "Litter-Lifter" cat scoop for Christmas. I love it!!
Now, it may sound a little strange to hear that someone "loves" a litter
scoop, but this one is so different that it really does deserve all the
raves. It is heavy-duty, wide and long enough for a really good scoop, and
the tines are placed in such a way that all clumps are retained and all
non-used litter drops through -- all without shaking it, so the clumps do
not break up. I have used all types of scoops through the years, but this
one is a marvel. If you're interested, go to this site to see what I'm
talking about: http://www.litter-lifter.com/index.html (And, no, I have no
financial interest in this company.)
MaryL

A very good idea, using triangular tines but what about all that
wonderful exercise in building up the wrists and forearms from sifting
and shaking and scraping? Will it work with Swheatscoop, the wheat
litter? probably.

Old December 28th 05, 01:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

wrote in message
oups.com...

MaryL wrote:
[...]

I haven't used Swheatscoop, but I think it would work well. I have a friend
who uses World's Best Cat Litter (a clumping litter made from whole kernel
corn), and she thinks these scoops are fantastic. As you have noted, part
of the secret seems to lie in the triangular tines, which permit clean
litter to quickly flow through but which trap even small amounts of waste
(clumps). They are also longer and wider than other scoops, so it takes far
fewer "lifts" to clean a litter box. I even think I'm going to save some
money because I don't think I will need to completely change the litter box
with new litter as frequently as in the past.

From now on, I'll just have to do without that wonderful exercise you
mentioned. )

MaryL

Photos of Duffy and Holly: 'o'
Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o

Old December 28th 05, 07:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

MaryL wrote:
I haven't used Swheatscoop, but I think it would work well. I have a friend
who uses World's Best Cat Litter (a clumping litter made from whole kernel
corn), and she thinks these scoops are fantastic. As you have noted, part
of the secret seems to lie in the triangular tines, which permit clean
litter to quickly flow through but which trap even small amounts of waste
(clumps). They are also longer and wider than other scoops, so it takes far
fewer "lifts" to clean a litter box. I even think I'm going to save some
money because I don't think I will need to completely change the litter box
with new litter as frequently as in the past.

From now on, I'll just have to do without that wonderful exercise you
mentioned. )

MaryL

Photos of Duffy and Holly: 'o'
Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o

The web site is a bit confusing. I could not get all 20 [they say they
now have] of the colors to choose from. I preferred the cream that I
saw in one photo but was not listed in the text options. I'm tired of
my vast array of blue scoops. They also might consider telling about
the free shipping up front and checks only. That's different. Like a
literal cottage industry. Build a better mouse trap and the world will
come to you.

Your cat's photo, Duffy, at the adoption center. Looked awfully
forlorn. Is that one reason why you chose?

Old December 28th 05, 07:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

wrote in message
oups.com...

MaryL wrote:
I haven't used Swheatscoop, but I think it would work well. I have a
friend
who uses World's Best Cat Litter (a clumping litter made from whole
kernel
corn), and she thinks these scoops are fantastic. As you have noted,
part
of the secret seems to lie in the triangular tines, which permit clean
litter to quickly flow through but which trap even small amounts of waste
(clumps). They are also longer and wider than other scoops, so it takes
far
fewer "lifts" to clean a litter box. I even think I'm going to save some
money because I don't think I will need to completely change the litter
box
with new litter as frequently as in the past.

From now on, I'll just have to do without that wonderful exercise you
mentioned. )

MaryL

Photos of Duffy and Holly: 'o'
Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o

The web site is a bit confusing. I could not get all 20 [they say they
now have] of the colors to choose from. I preferred the cream that I
saw in one photo but was not listed in the text options. I'm tired of
my vast array of blue scoops. They also might consider telling about
the free shipping up front and checks only. That's different. Like a
literal cottage industry. Build a better mouse trap and the world will
come to you.

Yes, I think this is a great product, but the web site needs some work.

Your cat's photo, Duffy, at the adoption center. Looked awfully
forlorn. Is that one reason why you chose?

The photo of Duffy is *exactly* what caught my interest. He looked like a
little old man -- forlorn and waiflike, as you said. Then I read the
description on Petfinder and discovered that he is blind and had been at the
shelter for several months. Kitten season was approaching, and I knew space
would be at a premium. He was already living on "borrowed time" because
that shelter only guarantees that cats and dogs will kept for 14 days before
euthanasia. The poor little guy just tugged at my heartstrings. As it
turned out, he is much younger than I expected, he became a gorgeous cat
with good care, and he is the dearest, sweetest cat that anyone could ever
hope for. So, his adoption turned out to be a real blessing for *me* and
not just for him.

MaryL

Old December 28th 05, 06:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Suddenly, without warning, MaryL exclaimed (26-Dec-05 11:59 PM):
A friend gave me a "Litter-Lifter" cat scoop for Christmas. I love it!!
Now, it may sound a little strange to hear that someone "loves" a litter
scoop, but this one is so different that it really does deserve all the
raves. It is heavy-duty, wide and long enough for a really good scoop, and
the tines are placed in such a way that all clumps are retained and all
non-used litter drops through -- all without shaking it, so the clumps do
not break up. I have used all types of scoops through the years, but this
one is a marvel. If you're interested, go to this site to see what I'm
talking about: http://www.litter-lifter.com/index.html (And, no, I have no
financial interest in this company.)

MaryL

Actually, my first thought is that it is kinda strange a friend gave you
a litter scoop for Christmas. True cat lover's friend, there

Does look like a good scoop though.

jmc
Old December 28th 05, 11:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"jmc" wrote in message
[...]

Yes, she's a true cat lover's friend. However, the scoop was only one of a
number of items she gave me for Christmas. It was a great gift package!

MaryL

Old December 30th 05, 06:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

MaryL wrote:
[...]

That's good. I gather he was not the cat laying on the back at the top
of a tall piece of furniture then? He does look much better and not
worried like before. You rescued the fellow for sure since blindness
would make him unlikely to be adopted.

Old December 30th 05, 07:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

wrote in message
oups.com...

MaryL wrote:
[...]

Actually, that *is* Duffy, if I understand the photo you mean. Duffy may be
blind, but he does almost anything that any sighted can can do. He loves to
climb and is truly a little gymnast. He will swirl up and down his cat tree
and is almost fearless.

MaryL