Roasting in California

Old May 17th 08, 09:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

Default Roasting in California

Its HOT here. And has been for several days. Yesterday hit 103 with wind.
Today is headed just as high, but just a breeze.

Molly finally forgave me for improper barekitten care this morning. But
still reminds me, none of her kittens had cause to make such a Godawful
noise while she was caring for them.

However, as I said, its HOT and she noticed I had the magic brush while I
was outside early this morning. I've been getting up at 5am and then
sleeping half the afternoon. Anyway, I brushed just about an entire cat
out of her coat. Will make a very nice lining for a birds nest or two (as
well as some neurotic baby birds) and should make her much cooler.

I just got home from a Little League game. Both teams have large buckets
full of cold bottled water and are pretty much force feeding the players.
The umpires are working with a bottle of water in one hand. Rules be
darned. Coaches sucking it down as well.

Jake just came in for the afternoon, stopped by the computer and informed
Kayla he will be sleeping on 'the bed' the rest of the afternoon. With a
few choice comments about her not being allowed in the room, much less on
the bed. Kay finally roused herself long enough to growl and snap at him.
Satisfied that he got Kayla to misbehave, Jake has headed in for his nap.

Jo

Old May 17th 08, 11:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
[...]

I just can't imagine those sort of temperatures. I was plenty hot enough
when it hit 75F last week and KFC actually ventured outside 10 yards to
sunbathe.
No need to worry here in the UK, it's down to around 55 today with drizzle,
and wind enough to give me earache when I was out on a two hour walk in
Bradgate Park this afternoon with my brothers and their children and we
walked up to Old John.
http://www.leicestershire.ndirect.co.uk/FFBradgate.htm
I said "whose idea was this?" ;-)

Tweed

Old May 17th 08, 11:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Just got home a bit ago and can not believe it has been so warm that, after
all the rain the last two weeks, I actually had to WATER the new rose
bushes. That is just wrong.
"hopitus" wrote in message
On May 17, 2:35 pm, "Jo Firey" wrote:
[...]

Please forgive the hopitus which has been freezing its butt off since
last
November and is now basking outside in the mid-80's today in MileHigh
for singing, "doooon't lean on me,man, with your California
tan....etc."
also for pointing out that even though he retired to the bed this pm,
cats
are smarter than people generally and know when to hang it up for
awhile.
As we don't hate water and have no fur coats permanently on us, I'd
advise you to seek the nearest water (no Little League ballfield,
nonono)
and immerse yourself for awhile. That's how they beat the heat in my
hometown, which is NOT MileHigh.....

Old May 18th 08, 12:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

hopitus wrote:

hot and/or dry is not condusive to soft skin and rosy cheeks in your
face. I am sure not the last word on this subject, but that's what my
English friends said.

Well, I usually have rosy cheeks, but agreed on the dry skin problem!
Ever since I moved to California, I get uncomfortable unless I have
access to skin cream. I thought it was just an aging thing until I went
to Hawaii in 1996. It was extremely humid there, and I never even touched
my bottle of skin cream. My skin was sooo soft and smooth there!

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old May 18th 08, 01:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
[...]

I checked out the web site, and imagined myself there on a cool drizzling
day. Very refreshing. I'm leaving the two hour walk, the kids, and the
ear ache out of my imagining.

Jo

Old May 18th 08, 10:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
"Jo Firey" wrote in message
[...]

I was out for a walk with some friends in March, the sleet in the strong
wind was cutting our faces. Someone piped up, "some people do this for fun".
;-)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old May 18th 08, 08:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

I just can't imagine those sort of temperatures. I was plenty hot enough
when it hit 75F last week and KFC actually ventured outside 10 yards to
sunbathe.
No need to worry here in the UK, it's down to around 55 today with
drizzle, and wind enough to give me earache when I was out on a two hour
walk in Bradgate Park this afternoon with my brothers and their children
and we walked up to Old John.
http://www.leicestershire.ndirect.co.uk/FFBradgate.htm
I said "whose idea was this?" ;-)

Beautiful. I envy you sometimes.

Pam S who has turned on the air conditioning and is wearing shorts today.