differences in having a female cat in the house

Old May 17th 08, 02:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
yepp

Default differences in having a female cat in the house

This is my 1st time having a girl cat in the house and I have noticed
some big differences:

she lays with paws together or crossed; he is spreading front legs to
take up as much room as possible

she gives me chin rubs and rests her head on my hand while I fall
asleep; he rolls over to have his belly rubbed and scoots his body
right under my hand for better positioning

she grooms herself all the time; he grooms only when food is stuck to
his fur

she keeps her butt clean; he lets dingle berries lay where they are
and wants me to brush him

she gives me coos and little kitty mews and he has a scratching Mrroww
to talk (usually wanting petting)

she gives attention and Bobby seems to want me to do things for him
like rubbing his belly all the time.
Old May 17th 08, 03:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_2_]

On Fri, 16 May 2008 18:45:35 -0700, yepp wrote:

This is my 1st time having a girl cat in the house and I have noticed
some big differences:

Your female is like several of my males; you male is like some of my
females.

--

T.E.D. ) MST (Missouri University of Science and Technology)
used to be UMR (University of Missouri - Rolla).

Old May 17th 08, 05:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"yepp" wrote in message
This is my 1st time having a girl cat in the house and I have noticed
some big differences:

she lays with paws together or crossed; he is spreading front legs to
take up as much room as possible

she gives me chin rubs and rests her head on my hand while I fall
asleep; he rolls over to have his belly rubbed and scoots his body
right under my hand for better positioning

she grooms herself all the time; he grooms only when food is stuck to
his fur

she keeps her butt clean; he lets dingle berries lay where they are
and wants me to brush him

she gives me coos and little kitty mews and he has a scratching Mrroww
to talk (usually wanting petting)

she gives attention and Bobby seems to want me to do things for him
like rubbing his belly all the time.

I don't know, Bobby seems like a bit of a slob. And also like a very
secure cat. He knows what he wants and he knows he's going to get it.

Bonnie sounds more eager to please.

Sometimes I thinks the girl cats and the guys are a lot different. Other
times I think each and every cat is so different that the boy/girl
differences get lost in the shuffle.

Then again all our boycats have been full blooded Siamese that we've had
since they were very young kittens. All but one of the girls have been
ferals. Just the way its worked out. So many, if not all the differences
here stem from that.

Rosie and Molly have been dainty. Sam was tough. But Henry was a wuss and
Jake is the biggest baby in the world.

Ginger and Maggie were mostly happy to know we had magic food bowls.

Jo

The differences among Cats Pamela Shirk Cat anecdotes 6 October 14th 05 02:26 PM
Female cat scared of female kitten Type Name Here Cat health & behaviour 5 November 15th 04 06:43 PM
Differences John Biltz Cat anecdotes 6 January 22nd 04 09:09 PM
Profound differences of behaviour BOURGEOIS4607 Cat health & behaviour 44 December 2nd 03 09:09 AM
5 y.o. female getting along with 5 m.o. female - complications? Brian or Sharon Beuchaw Cat health & behaviour 39 September 16th 03 02:39 AM