Cat Survives Being Locked in Cage, Tossed in River

Old December 31st 05, 07:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Cat Survives Being Locked in Cage, Tossed in River

MISSOULA, Mont. (Dec. 30) - If cats have nine lives, a kitty here has
definitely used one up.

The house cat survived being locked in a cage, thrown off a bridge and
then stranded in an icy puddle of river slush.

The ordeal ended Tuesday morning when a pair of passers-by spotted the
calico cat while crossing a footbridge and called for help.

Missoula firefighters arrived minutes later, donned wet suits and
launched a rescue boat.

Someone had put the animal in a cage, along with a rock weighing about
16 pounds, and tossed it into the Clark Fork River. But instead of
landing in the water, it bounced several times on the ice and then
became stuck.

It's unclear how long the cat had been there.

Firefighters took it back to the fire station, dried it off and fed it
leftover Christmas turkey and a dish of milk.

"It was really skinny, nothing but skin and bones, and had collar marks
where a too-small collar had rubbed the fur off its neck. But it was
really friendly," firefighter Philip Keating said.

Firefighter Josh Macrow decided to keep the cat. After his shift, he
took it to a vet and then home to his 12-year-old daughter.

"It's the sweetest cat," Macrow said. "It sits on your shoulder when
you drive down the road and it curled up with my black Labs this
morning."

Naming the animal was easy, he said.

"We call her Lucky."

Old December 31st 05, 09:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Very nice, firemen are good chaps, caring nature comes with the job I expect

Old December 31st 05, 12:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

The cruelty that some people practice never fails to appal and disgust me.
Here in the UK police are investigating a recent incident of a cat
microwaved to death.

If someone does not want their cat - why not just hand it in to local rescue
centre saying they found it?

Lets hope 2006 is kinder year to all animals.

chas

Old December 31st 05, 04:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Gold Finger" wrote in message
ps.com...
MISSOULA, Mont. (Dec. 30) - If cats have nine lives, a kitty here has
definitely used one up.

I saw this. Who could do that? She is a lovely tortoiseshell
shorthair, too. *******s.

Hey, did you watch some Bond films recently, hence your new
name?

Because I just happened to see part of one last night with the
young Sean Connery and that Swedish actress, from like, 1963.

Old December 31st 05, 06:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

cybercat wrote:
"Gold Finger" wrote in message
ps.com...
MISSOULA, Mont. (Dec. 30) - If cats have nine lives, a kitty here has
definitely used one up.

I saw this. Who could do that? She is a lovely tortoiseshell
shorthair, too. *******s.

Hey, did you watch some Bond films recently, hence your new
name?

no, but I have seen most of the bond flics, I love a good Bondathon
on TBS all day back to back Agent 007, I liked the scifi technology
they used.
parachute watches and what not

i think my favorite was from russia with love, nice babe, lots of
action, at least 15 people shot, moderate langauge and brief nudity