Rituals with Mayhem

Old December 2nd 07, 04:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief

Default Rituals with Mayhem

Mayhem is my little princess. And she has a definite routine.

Mornings depending on whenever she wakes up, she'll do her morning
stretch and then start meowing. She'll seek out the nearest hand,
even if it means burrowing under the covers to find it. But if the
hoomin is on her back she'll walk onto my stomach, meatloaf on my
chest. To check if the hoomin is awake she'll lean forward to tickle
my nose with her whiskers. Then after the hoomin wrinkles up her nose
and mumbles something about 5 more minutes, Mayhem will then start
purring and letting out a serious of mrrps and trills that get louder
and louder until the hoomin wakes up.

Last resort is a lick to the chin and if all else fails a nip to the
nose works every time.

Then whenever I get home from work, I jingle my keys to find the right
one. Right on cue I'll hear a muffled "MEOW" from inside the door.

As I fumble with the keys, the meows get louder and a little more
frantic. Sometimes i'll just stand there and jingle the keys just to
hear Mayhem cry at the door.

'OPEN THE DOOR NOW HOOMIN!!"

Anyway, as soon as I open the door, Mayhem who would be waiting right
at the foot of the door will scurry away, stop briefly to scratch the
scratching post and then scurry into my office where the food dishes
are. There she will await her dinner and will keep complaining until
I give it to her. She's still miffed that I tend to feed Mischief
FIRST. (Sorry, but while Mayhem is the princess, Mischief is the
QUEEN) But she's still the Fluffy Little Princess and will always
TELL you when you need to pay attention to her.

Another ritual is when I get out of the shower. I come out of the
bathrom in my robe and immediately Mayhem is RIGHT there on the bed.
She cries and rolls on her back and shows me her fluffy tummy and BEGS
me to rub her belly. She'll roll around on her back, telling me how
cute she is and how she DESPERATELY needs a tummy rub. And of course
I just have to before I do anything else.

Sometimes if the belly rub is too short and I walk away she'll quickly
run after me and will nip my hand. "I DIDN'T SAY YOU WERE
FINISHED!!" So I have to stop and keep petting her.

Then after all the other evening stuff and once I finally crawl into
bed. Mayhem is RIGHT there to get back and chin scritches and belly
rubs. And as I pull up the covers she'll dive underneath them to curl
up next to me and get hand scritches. And a hand that stops
scritching is immediately punished with a nip.

Then when she's had enough she'll burrow out from underneath the
covers, shake her head, clean her tail and then take her place on my
pillow on the corner od the bed and fall asleep to do it all again the
next day.

I love my little princess.

Kristi
Old December 2nd 07, 02:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"Mischief" wrote in message
[...]

She sounds a lot like my (RB) Mimi, the Tiny Tuxedo Tyrant.