"how do I get away?"

Old March 12th 04, 07:27 PM
Mel

I had bought a cat tree off eBay a couple years ago --- it had 2
shelves and a top shelf on a 5 ft pole (pole was a 4x4 square). Well
it wasn't very well made and fatty Alfred broke the shelves on day one
but the carpeted pole and top were still intact. It became the
ultimate in king of the hill. whoever made it to the top could easily
repel any others by just slapping at them as they tried to climb up so
they ruled the top.

My one kitty Xena has an ongoing health problem (autoimmune hemolytic
anemia) and sometimes she just doesn't feel like playing and the boys
(there are 3 of them) can get a little too rough for her sometimes.
She would go to the top of that tree and no one could bother her
there.

So I suggest a tree or shelf on the wall with only 1 way up. You could
make an angled pole or shelf to get up to it if a straight up were too
difficult for your kitty. Mine would have a little more trouble
climbing it in the days right after having their claws trimmed.

Mel

Old March 12th 04, 08:31 PM
ann ruminski

"kelly andgary" wrote in message
I've had a cat for some four years now. Recently I introduced into our
home a 6 month old kitten.

As a given....he is full of energy and likes to play. The older feline
is game a lot of the time but there are times she is clearly annoyed and
becomes angry. Wanting no part of his youthful wrestling and biting
(etc). she hisses and growls but the youngster remains undaunted. Many
is the time I've seen her tearing through our home, the little one hot
on her tail (and loving it).

If it were the other way around, I could figure it out, but what I'm
asking your help about is:

how can I make some linda place (a refuge) where the big cat can get
away from the little cat when she's dead serious about not playing.

Thanks,

Kelly

This is exactly like Collette and Blaise. She is about 4 years old and
he is
six months old and full of energy. He is learning very slowly that when
she
is on the bookcase looking out the window or on "her chair", he cannot
win
and she will fight very fiercely. He used to launch himself at her 5 or
6 times,
give up for a while and then try again. Now he maybe tries just once or
twice.
We tried distracting him with other toys (pretty successful, actually),
letting her
go outside or making a Blaise-free zone (Collette is allowed in the
bedroom, but
he is not or he is given a time-out in his room).

Ann