Bear is a farter

Old November 20th 04, 09:50 PM
Cinbad

Default Bear is a farter

I adopted two male kittens shortly before Memorial Day, Bear and Davey.
Davey is long and lean, the stereotypical "curious cat" that can't stand not
to be right in the middle of whatever you are doing. Bear is built like a
bulldog and already has a pretty-good-sized old man's tummy. He's usually
right behind Davey but whenever the action stops, he flops down. The
important thing is, they only eat Science Diet dry food.

I am married to a wonderful man who can produce more gas (burps and farts)
than any person I've ever known. In the 18 years we've been married, he
has driven me out of the room more than once. The other day, Bear was lying
on the couch near me, and suddenly there was "something in the air". I said
to Chuck "Bear farted!" and Chuck said "That was me." Well, given his
tendencies I had to believe him.

Since then there have been two more occasions, and we are forced to conclude
that Bear is a farter. Always silent, always deadly. I've had cats that
passed gas before, but only rarely and only when they had eaten something
that upset their system. I guess Bear is just going to be a farter, like
his daddy.

Cindy

Old November 20th 04, 11:42 PM
mlbriggs

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 13:50:14 -0800, Cinbad wrote:

[...]

Is Daddy a milk drinker? Sounds like diets need to be assessed.

Old November 21st 04, 01:50 AM
Christine Burel

Science Diet has a lot of corn in it and it might be hard for Bear to
digest. You might consider slowly switching to another brand of catfood
with less filler product and see if his fartiness goes away!
Christine
"Karen Chuplis" wrote in message
in article , Cinbad at
wrote on 11/20/04 3:50 PM:

[...]

DH must be proud

Old November 21st 04, 04:05 AM
Singh

We have a little "fartiste" among us, our Brandy. She is a pudgy little calico
and she has a singularly remarkable ability to cause us to receive calls from
the Environmental Protection Agency. And the incredible thing is, they are truly
silent. It'll be night, we're lying down with the lights and idiot box off,
Brandy will come sit on my chest for pettings and before you know it we're
getting dizzy from an excess of methane and sudden drop of oxygen levels. I've
always compared her and Stosh to a couple of frat boys, or maybe Beavis and
Butthead. She makes egg salad and beans washed down with skunk beer come out
smelling like Shalimar.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old November 21st 04, 04:07 AM
Singh

I think some kitties, like some twolegs, are just more full of hot air than
others. We've changed our kids' food a few times, mostly because they get very
bored with same-old-same-old and scream for variety. Brandy still drops SBD's
that could one-up the nuclear arms race.

Blessed be,
Baha