much younger brain

Old April 10th 04, 09:11 AM
Tish S

Default much younger brain

Persephone, as I have mentioned once or twice, is a pebble short of a
beach.

This morning she was playing "bed mouse" with Dave's toes when she
mis-judged the distance between herself and the bed and bumped her
head. This happens often enough that we are not concerned (there
seems to be nothing we can do to stop her anyway), but it makes us
laugh. This morning Dave picked her up, cuddled her (which started
her purr-motor) and told her, "Persephone, you have the brain of a
much younger cat".

I thought it was an incredibly cute insult and perfectly suited to our
Special little cat. For the record, Persephone is perfectly happy
being who she is - she loves life, loves the beings around her and
leaves all the deep thinking to Spock.

Cheers,
Tish (on a chocolate and home-made-hotcrossbun high)
Old April 10th 04, 10:13 AM
jmcquown

Tish S wrote:
Persephone, as I have mentioned once or twice, is a pebble short of a
beach.

This morning she was playing "bed mouse" with Dave's toes when she
mis-judged the distance between herself and the bed and bumped her
head. This happens often enough that we are not concerned (there
seems to be nothing we can do to stop her anyway), but it makes us
laugh. This morning Dave picked her up, cuddled her (which started
her purr-motor) and told her, "Persephone, you have the brain of a
much younger cat".

I thought it was an incredibly cute insult and perfectly suited to our
Special little cat. For the record, Persephone is perfectly happy
being who she is - she loves life, loves the beings around her and
leaves all the deep thinking to Spock.

Cheers,
Tish (on a chocolate and home-made-hotcrossbun high)

What a sweet and funny post!

This reminds me of a series of 3 photos I saw when I was on my recent trip
to Addison (Dallas) TX. It was propped up in the window of a "Pet Hospital"
and the photographer was someone I haven't been able to find online named
'Wathermax' out of West Palm Beach, FL. Black & white photos; big fat cat
sitting cat-like on a bed. The cat decides to try to sit up with front paws
off the bed... looks even fatter that way! Then ops!: the cat tumbles
backwards off the bed and all you see in the third photo are the rear paws
as the cat falls!

Jill

Old April 10th 04, 03:36 PM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old April 10th 04, 03:36 PM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old April 10th 04, 03:48 PM
jmcquown

John F. Eldredge wrote:

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 04:13:57 -0500, "jmcquown"
wrote:

Tish S wrote:
[...]

Actually, the photographer's name is Richard Watherwax, and he is
based in Key West, Florida. If you do a web search for "Fat Cat
Capsizing" (the print's title), you will find quite a few places
selling the print. The photographer's home page is
http://www.watherwax.com.

OH! Thank you! I didn't have pen & paper in hand and was relying on my
much older brain to retain the info! Obviously that didn't work. Thank you
very much!

Jill

Old April 10th 04, 05:22 PM
Marina

"Tish S" wrote
Persephone, as I have mentioned once or twice, is a pebble short of a
beach.

This morning she was playing "bed mouse" with Dave's toes when she
mis-judged the distance between herself and the bed and bumped her
head. This happens often enough that we are not concerned (there
seems to be nothing we can do to stop her anyway), but it makes us
laugh. This morning Dave picked her up, cuddled her (which started
her purr-motor) and told her, "Persephone, you have the brain of a
much younger cat".

Aww, how cute. I visited my niece's kittens today (err, my niece's *cat's*
kittens of course), and one of the girls is what my niece calls a blonde.
I'll have to tell her that bit about the brain of a much younger cat. The
funny thing is, this girl is the lightest grey kitten of the litter, so she
really is the blonde.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Brain fart (OT) Stacey Cat anecdotes 31 January 11th 04 08:22 PM
Fluffy's other brain cell Yowie Cat anecdotes 16 November 18th 03 06:03 AM