My cat had an accident - I'm sick with worry!

Old June 3rd 07, 06:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Fred G. Mackey[_2_]

Default My cat had an accident - I'm sick with worry!

bookie wrote:
On 2 Jun, 04:07, Lis wrote:

On Jun 1, 2:03 pm, bookie wrote:

and it amuses me that you actually care what i think or say about your
poxy country, that i have actually managed to wind you up to this
point, that you cannot just shrug it off and go 'whatever'!

like i really what you think about blighty anyway, you opinion is not
really worth worrying about since you are only an american and
therefore not important inthe grand scheme of things (do you even know
where my country is? could you point to it on a map?

It's that itty bitty island off of mainland Europe, right? Lucky for
you too since Hitler didn't have tanks which could cross the English
Channel.

Also lucky for you that we were "warmonger" enough to save your sorry asses.

do you know what
a map is? probably not)

Old June 3rd 07, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

On Jun 3, 6:35 pm, "Fred G. Mackey" wrote:
bookie wrote:
On 2 Jun, 04:27, Lis wrote:

sooooooooooooo sorry you americans take yourselves so bloody
seriously, were you not aware that pretty much the rest of the world
think you as a nation are a bunch of inbred, ignorant warmongerers?

LOL - Say what you want. You're just jealous.
And besides Vietnam, I cannot think of any war in recent memory in which
the Brits weren't fighting alongside the US - unless you include the
Falklands War which was just another desperate attempt by the UK to hold
onto the remains of their once mighty and vast empire. In this case,
they were defending an island populated mainly by sheep.

were you not aware of how much the rest of the world laughs at you all
and think you're all morons?

We laugh at you and statements like yours prove you're morons.

ignorance is bliss isn't it? at least we
brits can laugh at ourselves when required, we can take a bit of a dig
at the way we live and admit that some aspects of our society as far
from perfect, can't say teh same about you yanks.

That's because you're ignorant - Is it as blissful as you say?

anyway, no law against hating americans and considering them to be not
even worthy enough for me to wipe my feet on? what do you expect when
you reply to people in the tones you have been above

Heh - you should take a good look in the mirror.

dear oh dear oh dear- Hide quoted text -

Fred...!
Don't ruin my pixel picture of you....

1.If I had said it, does that make Bookie as bad as me?
2.Do you think we all hold the same views?
3.Does that mean if Bookie said so, It is so?
4.we all laugh about each other..Fact!
5.I would like to think that not all Americans are like one of our
more tasteless posters from the USA....?
6.Does that mean if A USA troll posts something rude about me, that is
ok, because I am not a USA citizen?

7.We could all learn something from this...

How can you call Bookie for what she has to say when you are doing
exactly the same thing? Personally, I don't care if you think we are
all like that, because I know better. I don't "hate you" because you
come from somewhere different than I do - & nor do I tar you with the
same brush as someone who has made very disparaging remarks about me,
or the country I live in, simply because that someone comes from the
USA either......

My point here is that we are all different & most of us have differing
views on things, but that is not a good reason to class everyone as
the same as the person who might have offended you.

Mary just has a better way of saying it than I do)
S;o)

Old June 3rd 07, 07:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

ups.com...
bookie wrote:
On 2 Jun, 04:27, Lis wrote:

[...]

Not always ... but thanks! One problem with the Internet is that we often
sit down and write something without giving it enough thought, then hit the
send button -- and it's instantly out there in cyberspace, whereas snail
mail at least would give us time to give it "a second thought" and re-write
(or possibly destroy) what we had just written.

MaryL

Old June 3rd 07, 07:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

On 3 Jun, 19:22, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER
wrote:

ups.com...

bookie wrote:
On 2 Jun, 04:27, Lis wrote:

[...]

MaryL- Hide quoted text -

Exactly)

S.

Old June 3rd 07, 08:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lilah Morgan

Not always ... but thanks! One problem with the Internet is that we often
sit down and write something without giving it enough thought, then hit

the
send button -- and it's instantly out there in cyberspace, whereas snail
mail at least would give us time to give it "a second thought" and

re-write
(or possibly destroy) what we had just written.

MaryL

I'll second that(or would it be third/fourth/whatever-th?). I definitely
myself have been guilty of that lately. Been so busy with things lately,
that when I get online, I'm either A: snappy because there's so much to do
and I want some me time, but knowing it's just taking me away from doing
things that need to get done, and feeling like I don't have a right to me
time makes me crankier, or B: so rushed I just type out the first thing that
comes to mind in reply to posts, and then later on when I'm doing something
else, realize I should have phrased it much better. Today was supposed to be
a rest day where I could relax and take a deep breath, but I've already done
the last tier to our pond thing. There was a big hole with an old/dead stump
in it that I started the pond in, then it started overflowing, so I dug a
slightly smaller pond below it(it's on a slope), then THAT started
overflowing, so I made the absolutely last little pond today below that, and
made it so the first two 'ponds' only drain into the others when they reach
a certain point. Now I'm off to dig up an area for a 'potato patch' and
transplant some strawberries. That's a rest day for me. And no matter what
day it is, when I get up, first thing I gotta do is take out all the dogs,
then water everything, then feed the dogs/cat their morning meal(they get
fed twice a day) and give the chickens/geese/bunnies their daily meals. Then
I get some coffee and a breather. Oh that reminds me, I gotta clean out the
litter box today. Snail mail...I haven't done that in ages. Mostly what I
write lately are shopping/to do lists ;-)

Old June 3rd 07, 08:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lilah Morgan

"Lilah Morgan" wrote in message
hlink.net...

[...]

Did it again, realized after I posted that I should have clarified that when
I say 'me time', that very much includes playing with the dogs/cat. That
provides 'therapy' you just can't buy.

Old June 3rd 07, 09:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

"Lilah Morgan" wrote in message
news
[...]

It sure does (personal therapy time). My mother, age 91, is in the hospital
with pneumonia and there are no other family members in this area. I spent
8 hours with her yesterday, but she sobbed uncontrollably when I left. She
was calm today but is hallucinating (probably from medication). She is
talking to people who aren't there and thinks she's playing a game of
bridge. She didn't notice when I left this time because she's not really
"here," but I took the opportunity to grab some time for myself -- and to
curl up with Holly and Duffy. Good therapy, as you said!

MaryL

Old June 3rd 07, 11:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lilah Morgan

It sure does (personal therapy time). My mother, age 91, is in the

hospital
with pneumonia and there are no other family members in this area. I

spent
8 hours with her yesterday, but she sobbed uncontrollably when I left.

She
was calm today but is hallucinating (probably from medication). She is
talking to people who aren't there and thinks she's playing a game of
bridge. She didn't notice when I left this time because she's not really
"here," but I took the opportunity to grab some time for myself -- and to
curl up with Holly and Duffy. Good therapy, as you said!

MaryL

Sorry to hear about your mother. My grandmother(my mother's mother) is
hospice right now do to a very bad heart attack she barely survived(it took
away most of her heart muscle, and she apparently can't talk. My aunt she
was living with called and told me this). Mishka(our littlest and newest
doggie) is looking at me with her puppy eyes right now, in her subtle plea
for attention(which is acknowledged and agreed to). And upon seeing that,
Shadowbear(our alpha female) does her thing where she just sits up right
next to you(and I mean *right* next to) and looks up at you until you give
her attention. And now having her needs recognized, she goes off to just
outside my door and lays down to clean herself. Joxer is the most demanding
when it comes to attention. He'll just meow his head off til he gets some.
One time a few years back he made the mistake of waking me up that way. He
got up on the bed and walked up to my head and started meowing as loud as he
could right in my face. I didn't know it was him, I just knew something was
disturbing my sleep, so I took my arm and made a sweeping motion away from
my head, and then I heard this MEEEEOWWWWWWWRRRRRR! and that woke me up, and
I realized it was Joxer, and I looked over the side of my bed and he's
hanging onto it for dear life with his claws(wouldn't have hurt him to fall
though, was only maybe 6 inches at best onto carpeted floor). I picked him
up and apologized, and he apologized in his way too. By never doing that
again haha. And I'm gonna leave the strawberry transplanting until tomorrow.
I wanna get those homemade doggie biscuits and catnip toys made, and some
goodies for me too :-)

Old June 4th 07, 03:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

On 3 Jun, 00:44, "Matthew" wrote:
"bookie" wrote in message

ups.com...

On 2 Jun, 04:27, Lis wrote:
On Jun 1, 9:12 pm, sheelagh wrote:

On 1 Jun, 19:03, bookie wrote:

On 1 Jun, 15:54, Lis wrote:

On May 31, 6:32 pm, bookie wrote:

On 31 May, 19:35, Lis wrote:

On May 30, 9:14 pm, bookie wrote:

snip

anyway think about the differences in attitudes between us;
you have
your cats declawed and have pristine furniture, we have lots
of
scratch marks all over our ancient tables and chairs and deal
with it
(and have happy cats as a result), says somethign about the
different
ways in which we look at our animasl for me

Sweetie-pie, _some_ people have their cats declawed. It's
controversial, most vets refuse to do it in most circumstances,
humane
societies and breeders generally include BOTH "must be an
indoor cat
only" and "must not be declawed" clauses in all
adoption/purchase
contracts.

I have happy cats, that have all their claws, AND mostly
undamaged
furniture, because I've always provided appropriate scratching
surfaces for my cats, and taught them where they are.

As usual, when blathering on about the USA, you have no idea
what
you're talking about.

Lis

i said 'some' people, i didn't mean all.

so i have no idea what I am talking about eh? so you are sayign
that
when i state that some people in the US have their cats declawed
that
I am wrong ? are you sayign that noone in the states gets their
cat
declawed?- Hide quoted text -

No, Bookie, you didn't say "some." You said:

"anyway think about the differences in attitudes between us; you
have
your cats declawed and have pristine furniture, we have lots of
scratch marks all over our ancient tables and chairs and deal with
it
(and have happy cats as a result), says somethign about the
different
ways in which we look at our animasl for me"

You presented Americans as callous, furniture-obsessed monsters who
all declaw our cats, in contrast to those decent human beings, the
Brits, who would rather have their furniture wrecked. And you
implied
that all our cats are unhappy, too.

You have wrecked furniture. I have intact furniture, AND happy
cats,
because I've provided appropriate, attractive-to-them places for
them
to climb and scratch and hide. Also toys for them to play with;
they're not bored out of their minds with nothing better for them
do than wreck my furniture. I bet Sheelagh doesn't have wrecked
furniture, either.

Lis- Hide quoted text -

and you have just implied that all my furniture is wrecked and I am
not providing my cats with adequate means to sharpen their claws on
or
climb and hide and suchlike, and that they are both bored out of
their
minds and so wreck my furniture.

considering that with our animal welfare law now you are pretty much
accusing me of breaking the law and of being a criminal, I would be
careful what you say now as it could well amount to defamation of
character. Especially as what you may be implying about me personally
is not true (but why let that small detail stop you)

sure you want to go down that route?- Hide quoted text -

This is all going a little bit toooo Far.

If you think I like the sound of my own voice-then you do. Who gives a
monkeys?

If the comment was intended to slight me, then it failed. I don't
feel the need to do the same to you right now......

Um, Sheelagh, no, my qualification in that statement was intended
specifically to make clear that I _wasn't_ including you; that I was
throwing Bookie repeated insults and defamations of my country back at
_her_, and not at every person who happens to be British, and
especially not at you--who doesn't engage in this sort of generalized,
taken-for-granted-as-fact defamation of my country.

Just for the record, I could do with a new 3 piece because the cats
have ravaged it in the side and on the arm too. I would love to say
that was the cats wouldn't damage it, but it is not true. They have
also scratched the hell out of my coffee table legs as well, but so
what, I can replace them, where I can't replace them.

To me, if you declaw your cat, it is cruel. I couldn't consider doing
it, & that is the end of the matter. I don't care if they are chinese,
Canadian or Brits, it is wrong-end of.

Bookie may have confused the issue by now, but no, my cats are not
declawed. And no, I do not approve of declawing. And despite some
confusion that apparently exists on the subject in the UK, declawing,
while legal in most of the US, is also widely disapproved of, strongly
discouraged by humane societies, breeders, and veterinarians. And, in
fifty years of life, I've personally known only two people who have
ever had cats declawed--one cat each, and in those cases, it wasn't to
protect the furniture. I didn't agree with the decision in either
case, but it wasn't furniture they were trying to protect.

OTOH, I do actively discourage it where possible, & I get quite peeved
when they climb on the top in the kitchen;only one particular top, but
It's a no no here. My plate & their feet don't mix...marlbes & jars
work well here.....

I don't think for one moment Bookie"intended" to slight anyone here,
sometimes things just come across the wrong way, & I can see where it
did here. Lis, I "know" she certainly didn't intend to provoke you.(or
anyone else). It is out of hand, & we should know better than to
attack one another in here.

Sheelagh, I'm sorry, but I have to judge Bookie by what she actually
says--especially when she does it over and over again. I'm sure she
didn't intend to "provoke" anyone; I think she takes it for grranted
that her amazingly insulting views of Americans are uncontroversial
fact, and is always surprised (but not daunted in her certainty) when
she's challenged on it or any of her "facts" are disputed.

There are far more important things we could be talking about without
giving in to what is clearly exactly what the trolls want. We are
creating 7th heaven. how about we stop what we are doing & take a long
hard think about what "could" happen here. I'm done with name
calling.
I'd much rather hear Matthews house Rules over again.. they were
hilarious & I hope he shares them with us all. They were ever so good,
but more to the point, so true, that you had to laugh when you got
through them;o)

If Matthew will post them, I'll be happy to read them and laugh.

I think we can do better than this...don't you?

Hey, a lot of the time we do. But do you think you might consider
directing some of this lecture to _Bookie_, and assigning some of the
responsibility to her habitual demeaning and insulting of another
country?

Lis- Hide quoted text -

sooooooooooooo sorry you americans take yourselves so bloody
seriously, were you not aware that pretty much the rest of the world
think you as a nation are a bunch of inbred, ignorant warmongerers?
were you not aware of how much the rest of the world laughs at you all
and think you're all morons? ignorance is bliss isn't it? at least we
brits can laugh at ourselves when required, we can take a bit of a dig
at the way we live and admit that some aspects of our society as far
from perfect, can't say teh same about you yanks.

anyway, no law against hating americans and considering them to be not
even worthy enough for me to wipe my feet on? what do you expect when
you reply to people in the tones you have been above

dear oh dear oh dear

Thanks Bookie I am an American even more than that I am part Native
American- Hide quoted text -

good for you!

Old June 4th 07, 03:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

On 3 Jun, 18:35, "Fred G. Mackey" wrote:
bookie wrote:
On 2 Jun, 04:27, Lis wrote:

[...]

do you know anything about the falklands war? or the people who live
there? no , thought not, typical yank ignorance again

and who wanted to go in a 'kick some ass' in iraq so badly? ah yes,
you yanks

sick with worry about my older cat ms. tonya Cat health & behaviour 3 March 4th 06 03:36 AM
Argh - litterbox accident again Karen AKA Kajikit Cat anecdotes 24 December 5th 05 03:51 PM
Our cat had a little accident. :( Advice please! John Krystek Cat health & behaviour 82 November 10th 05 07:27 AM
almost-bad accident Pat Cat anecdotes 9 July 25th 05 04:46 AM
GW [OT] Ghostly accident Yowie Cat anecdotes 3 September 22nd 04 02:23 AM