And let the fights begin

Old January 26th 05, 05:02 PM
Holly via CatKB.com

Default And let the fights begin

Sasha he
I am not happy with that cat "MY" meowmie calls Isabella.
Isabella is nice to Pheniox but not me and I da head cat round here.
My mommy tell me Isabella is a nice kitty but
I dont like her. Last night Isabella let Pheniox
play on her condo but not me. I try to play but
Isabella (I have other names for her to)hissed
at me and puffed up her tail, who do she think
she messin with, So I boxed her head good and
then "MY" meowmie not play with me and tell me,
I was bad kitty. My Meowmie took Isabella to see
the nice vet(I boxed her good HEHEHE) I hope she
not come back.
But Meowmie say she is.

Sashas mommy he
Do you guys have any suggestion about how to squash
this tiff before it gets to bad?
When Isabella first came everyone got along but
something weried clicked in Sashas head last
night and she went crazy on Isabella,
You would have thought that they were in the
wild fighting for there life the way they were going at it.

Old January 26th 05, 06:01 PM
Kreisleriana

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 16:02:28 GMT, "Holly via CatKB.com"
yodeled:

[...]

Have you tried Feliway? It's expensive, but a lot of people swear by
it for feuding kitties.
http://store.yahoo.com/pet-guys/-039079027910.html

Hmmm, seems to have a picture of Shamrock on the box.

Theresa
Old January 26th 05, 06:02 PM
Dan M

Sashas mommy he
Do you guys have any suggestion about how to squash
this tiff before it gets to bad?
When Isabella first came everyone got along but
something weried clicked in Sashas head last
night and she went crazy on Isabella,
You would have thought that they were in the
wild fighting for there life the way they were going at it.

My suggestions would be Feliway diffusers in the rooms they frequent,
and Rescue Remedy added to their water.

Dan
Old January 26th 05, 07:00 PM
Mathew Kagis

Sashas mommy he
Do you guys have any suggestion about how to squash
this tiff before it gets to bad?
When Isabella first came everyone got along but
something weried clicked in Sashas head last
night and she went crazy on Isabella,
You would have thought that they were in the
wild fighting for there life the way they were going at it.

I had some heavy fighting when Muscat first came home... I gave them both a
bath, on after the other & then stuck them under a blanket/tent on the
couch... When I checked in on them an hour or so later, they were cuddled
up together, grooming eachother... Been acting like littermates ever since.
Hope this helps, good luck.
--
Mathew
Butler to 2 kittens: Chablis & Muscat

Old January 26th 05, 07:40 PM
Holly via CatKB.com

I am willing to try anything at this point, Isabella needed stiches after the fight.
Sasha is still a baby but she is huge and this is the first time she has acted like this.
I thought they had the pecking order decided but I guess not.

Old January 26th 05, 07:53 PM
mlbriggs

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 16:02:28 +0000, Holly via CatKB.com wrote:

[...]

Did you do a "scent transfer" when you brought the cat home
from TED? MLB

Old January 26th 05, 08:03 PM
Holly via CatKB.com

i was afraid to leave them alone together so I put Isabella in the living room when I left. I also left her blanket and bed in there so that she could get the old sent back on her, will that work? I was telling a friend of mine that my hubby just left 3 days ago to go out of town, it was after this that things flaired up with Sasha, at first it was the evil eyes stare at each other but last night was the first fight. It scared me to death the way they were going at it, I got clawed and bit in the process of breaking them up.

Old January 26th 05, 08:19 PM
jmcquown

Holly via CatKB.com wrote:
i was afraid to leave them alone together so I put Isabella in the
living room when I left. I also left her blanket and bed in there so
that she could get the old sent back on her, will that work? I was
telling a friend of mine that my hubby just left 3 days ago to go out
of town, it was after this that things flaired up with Sasha, at
first it was the evil eyes stare at each other but last night was the
first fight. It scared me to death the way they were going at it, I
got clawed and bit in the process of breaking them up.

Did you try a squirt bottle? I only have one cat, Persia, so this is just
off the top of my head.

Jill

Old January 26th 05, 08:24 PM
Holly via CatKB.com

That is an idea I am sure it may work with Sasha she hates the water. I did notice that when I told her she was a bad kitty and refused to play with her that she did not like that at all. She is a very demanding little lady, loves affection but I also dont want her to think I dont love her.

Old January 26th 05, 08:36 PM
jmcquown

Holly via CatKB.com wrote:
That is an idea I am sure it may work with Sasha she hates the water.
I did notice that when I told her she was a bad kitty and refused to
play with her that she did not like that at all. She is a very
demanding little lady, loves affection but I also dont want her to
think I dont love her.

When I acquired Persia I had two parakeets. I used the squirt bottle to
train her to ignore those birds. She never felt I didn't love her; she just
ran and hid when she pounced at the cage or crept too close and I reached
for the bottle. They have since gone to the RB, but now I have a lovebird.
Persia doesn't even *think* about going near Peaches' cage unless one of her
kitty toys lands under the stand. She also knows I don't use the squirt
bottle on her anymore. I use it to help Peaches take a bath (she's a bird
who loves baths). But I'm pretty sure if I pointed it at her she'd go, "Oh
yeah, I shouldn't be doing that."

Jill