|If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.|
|How do I post a message?|
Before you can post you need to register. This FAQ assumes you already have done so (and responded to the verification email).
You can read all the threads on the forum without registering, but if you wish to participate ( and I hope you do) and post messages then you will need to register.1. From the home page, log-in (if you haven't already) near the top right corner. (If your username is already shown here then you are logged in).
2. Select which forum to post in, and click it .
3. When you click it you will see a list of recent threads for that forum. Near the top left you will see a button marked 'New Thread'. Click this. Provided you logged in correctly earlier you will be taken to the 'Post New Thread' page.
4. Fill in the title and the main text of your message. (Please use titles that are specific to your problem i.e. NOT please help!, urgent, it won't work, as these generally get less response than those with the problem in the title.)
5. At the bottom of the page there are some additional options. You can leave them all unchanged, however you might want to consider changing the 'notification type' to 'instant email' or 'daily email' whereby you will get an email when someone submits a reply. (Instant email will send you an email as soon as you get a reply. In a popular thread this could amount to 30 or 40 emails, although most threads only get 2 or 3 replys. Daily emails will just send one email giving you a summary of the replys).
6. Click 'Submit New Thread' and you will be taken to your message. That is it, the only thing left to do is wait. Typically it takes 24-48 hours to get a response, perhaps longer over a weekend as many of the techies are not around. Normally the threads die off after about 4-5 days, so if you haven't had a response by then, you might want to consider re-posting your question.
|Newgroups and this forum|
|Here you will find more details on how this forum interacts with the newsgroups it mirrors.|