CatBanter

-   Cats - misc (http://www.catbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Need Help Finding Kitty Bird Cat Toy (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=114093)

[email protected] February 8th 20 10:23 PM

Need Help Finding Kitty Bird Cat Toy

On Sunday, January 2, 2000 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, SAG wrote:
We've had these "kitty bird" cat toys for some 20 years, it seems.

Little padded, weighted disk to which a few feathers, four or five
inches long, *were* attached.

To a very large extent all our cats have pretty much ignored them. But
wife's newest kittie, Fudge, has gone crazy for them: attacks, tosses
into the air, plays "kitty hocky" on the kitchen floor, etc.

So in a month, he's worn them to a nub -- feathers pretty much gone!

For the last month, every time I pass a pet store, I've parked the car
and checked out their cats toys -- no "Kitty Birds" -- at least, not the
like ones that Fudge loves.

Have found a few web pages but the web stores don't appear to be
currently active (pages dated 1998, etc).

Anybody out there have a cat with such a "kitty bird?" Have a source?

Any help would be appreciated. Name and phone number would be great!

Thanks in advance,

SAG

I too have been looking for the original kittybird and I have a business card from the man himself as well as the insert from a pack of them, There is no other cat toy like it. Here is the info I have. I l know its the real deal but it is very old...good luck
KittyBird, Inc. Gerald Schmidt, President 245 N. Ocean Blvd,
Suite 209, Deerfield Beach, FL 33441 1-800-23-Kitty

Still Bud February 9th 20 02:11 AM

On Sat, 8 Feb 2020 14:23:30 -0800 (PST), wrote:

I too have been looking for the original kittybird and I have a business card from the man himself as well as the insert from a pack of them, There is no other cat toy like it. Here is the info I have. I l know its the real deal but it is very old...good luck
KittyBird, Inc. Gerald Schmidt, President 245 N. Ocean Blvd,
Suite 209, Deerfield Beach, FL 33441 1-800-23-Kitty

Kittybird Inc. leads to

https://www.pawtrero.com/toys/cat-toys/

But Amazon has LOTS of similar feathers on a string toys.