CatBanter

-   -   OT - was The meat industry (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=15378)

Cathy Friedmann January 1st 04 07:55 PM

OT - was The meat industry

"GAUBSTER2" wrote in message
From: "Cathy Friedmann"
When Saddam was captured, with the cry of "We got him!", all
I could think was, "Well, good. I'm glad. But how about Bin Laden & his
cohorts??! What act(s) of terrorism might they be planning, in various &
sundry cells in various & sundry places, at this very moment?!"

That's all you could think of? Really? The glass is half empty for you,

isn't
it? I was overjoyed and thought, Bid Laden is NEXT! We'll eventually

find
him.

Yeah. And the more cynical are betting on next Sept. or Oct.

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

GAUBSTER2 January 2nd 04 02:07 AM

From: "Cathy Friedmann"

That's all you could think of? Really? The glass is half empty for you,

isn't
it? I was overjoyed and thought, Bid Laden is NEXT! We'll eventually

find
him.

Yeah. And the more cynical are betting on next Sept. or Oct.

chuckle Are you talking about an "Oct. Surprise"? ;)

Seriously, does it matter WHEN we get him?

Cathy Friedmann January 2nd 04 02:13 AM

From: "Cathy Friedmann"

That's all you could think of? Really? The glass is half empty for

you,
isn't
it? I was overjoyed and thought, Bid Laden is NEXT! We'll eventually

find
him.

Yeah. And the more cynical are betting on next Sept. or Oct.

chuckle Are you talking about an "Oct. Surprise"? ;)

Seriously, does it matter WHEN we get him?

Well, yeah, the sooner the better.

And yeah, (cynical hat back on), it might matter a lot to Bush.

Cathy Friedmann January 2nd 04 02:13 AM

MacCandace January 3rd 04 07:22 PM

Yeah. And the more cynical are betting on next Sept. or Oct.

chuckle Are you talking about an "Oct. Surprise"? ;)

Seriously, does it matter WHEN we get him?

Uh, well, yeah. The implication would be that if we could plan to get him in
October, we would know where he is all along and could get him before then.
That would be just, oh, slightly manipulative and devious to put off getting
him until right before the election. Or are you such a hardcore Bush supporter
that you don't see that?

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

"One does not meet oneself until one catches the reflection from an eye other
than human." (Loren Eisely)

GAUBSTER2 January 3rd 04 09:12 PM

From: itter (MacCandace)

Seriously, does it matter WHEN we get him?

Uh, well, yeah. The implication would be that if we could plan to get him in
October, we would know where he is all along and could get him before then.
That would be just, oh, slightly manipulative and devious to put off getting
him until right before the election. Or are you such a hardcore Bush
supporter
that you don't see that?

I don't care WHEN we get him as long as we DO GET HIM! That has nothing to do
w/ whom I support for President and everything to do w/ being an American. (I
don't even care if it's 5 years from now....although the sooner, the better.)