CatBanter

-   -   Astroturf mats (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=100248)

John Doe April 6th 10 07:50 AM

Astroturf mats

Years ago, the local megastore had three or four different types,
but unfortunately they have stopped selling any of them here.
Astroturf doormats work great for the cat litter box area. They
work great for cat sleeping mats too, with some cover like a
towel, because they are breezy and therefore cool underneath.
Might have to get my next set online.

Funny, but they do not work well for doormats because exposure to
the sun degrades the plastic and the stems start falling off.
Inside, the plastic lasts forever without shedding. Apparently
they have not been using UV resistant plastic.

I think most of the ones I bought were the "Clean Machine".

Searching the Internet, I noticed they are being marketed as
"litter busters" now.

http://grassworxllc.net

John Doe April 6th 10 08:47 AM

Astroturf mats

By the way... I do not sell anything for anyone. If you have
experience with another product, please feel free to post about it.

Here is another type.
http://www.petmate.com/Products/Litt...at__22990.aspx

I noticed a complaint about the Astroturf type, saying that it was
rough on cat paws. Not true. And you have to clean them, so the
plastic stem or mesh pattern matters for that too. The Astroturf type
is easy enough to clean, I am curious to know exactly what the
Petmate plastic pattern looks like close up.

Christine BA[_3_] April 6th 10 08:51 AM

Astroturf mats

6.4.2010 9:50, John Doe kirjoitti:
Years ago, the local megastore had three or four different types,
but unfortunately they have stopped selling any of them here.
Astroturf doormats work great for the cat litter box area. They
work great for cat sleeping mats too, with some cover like a
towel, because they are breezy and therefore cool underneath.
Might have to get my next set online.

Funny, but they do not work well for doormats because exposure to
the sun degrades the plastic and the stems start falling off.
Inside, the plastic lasts forever without shedding. Apparently
they have not been using UV resistant plastic.

I think most of the ones I bought were the "Clean Machine".

Searching the Internet, I noticed they are being marketed as
"litter busters" now.

http://grassworxllc.net

AstroTurf is actually a brand name of such mats, which apparently has
become a word describing those mats. There are many different
manufacturers, some using cheaper raw materials and some using better
quality. So some actually *do* work well as door mats, or on baseball
stadiums, too.
http://www.astroturfusa.com/

--
Christine in Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com

John Doe April 6th 10 06:47 PM

Astroturf mats

Christine BA wrote:

John Doe kirjoitti:

Inside, the plastic lasts forever without shedding. Apparently
they have not been using UV resistant plastic.

AstroTurf is actually a brand name of such mats, which
apparently has become a word describing those mats. There are
many different manufacturers, some using cheaper raw materials
and some using better quality. So some actually *do* work well
as door mats, or on baseball stadiums, too.
http://www.astroturfusa.com/

Ultraviolet light resistance does not necessarily mean better
quality though, it just depends on whether it is for indoor or
outdoor use. If you were looking for a doormat, you might want to
make sure it says "UV resistant".

Everything you wanted to know about plastic but were afraid to
ask...

http://www.mcmaster.com/

Christine BA[_3_] April 6th 10 07:58 PM

Astroturf mats

6.4.2010 20:47, John Doe kirjoitti:
Christine wrote:

John Doe kirjoitti:

Inside, the plastic lasts forever without shedding. Apparently
they have not been using UV resistant plastic.

AstroTurf is actually a brand name of such mats, which
apparently has become a word describing those mats. There are
many different manufacturers, some using cheaper raw materials
and some using better quality. So some actually *do* work well
as door mats, or on baseball stadiums, too.
http://www.astroturfusa.com/

Ultraviolet light resistance does not necessarily mean better
quality though, it just depends on whether it is for indoor or
outdoor use. If you were looking for a doormat, you might want to
make sure it says "UV resistant".

Everything you wanted to know about plastic but were afraid to
ask...

http://www.mcmaster.com/

It's ok. I used to sell them, among other things, for a previous employer.

--
Christine in Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com

helloedward March 18th 22 09:44 AM

Do you know about CCGrass? It's the largest synthetic turf factory in the world and has an ongoing commitment to the quality of synthetic turf.

I think the astro turf is from It.
https://www.ccgrass.com/