CatBanter

-   -   Cat scratcher emery board no more clipping? (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=100435)

barb April 21st 10 02:37 PM

Cat scratcher emery board no more clipping?

Has anyone tried the new curved cat scratcher on a wooden base? Supposedly
it files their nails down so you don't have to clip. One of my cats hates
to be clipped.

Barb

Rene April 21st 10 06:07 PM

On Apr 21, 8:37*am, "Barb" wrote:
Has anyone tried the new curved cat scratcher on a wooden base? *Supposedly
it files their nails down so you don't have to clip. *One of my cats hates
to be clipped.

Barb

I don't have one, but I read another forum that has a pet area, and
several people there tried it and did not like it (or the cats did not
use it).

I honestly am not sure how a scratcher could "file" a cats nails down
since cats' nails shed in layers.

starcat April 22nd 10 03:16 AM

"Barb" wrote in message
Has anyone tried the new curved cat scratcher on a wooden base?
Supposedly it files their nails down so you don't have to clip. One of my
cats hates to be clipped.

Barb

Don't waste your money. My cat only likes the little feather toy it comes
with. I wasn't hoping for it to file down his claws - I just thought he'd
get a kick out of using it, but he just doesn't.

MaryL April 22nd 10 02:04 PM

"Barb" wrote in message
Has anyone tried the new curved cat scratcher on a wooden base?
Supposedly it files their nails down so you don't have to clip. One of my
cats hates to be clipped.

Barb

I have not seen them, but I have read lots of negative comments. A couple
of people even said their cats were injured by the coarse "sand" that is
embedded in the scratcher.

MaryL

barb April 22nd 10 03:25 PM

Cat scratcher emery board no more clipping?

Guess there's nothing like a good old clipper!

Barb

Melinda April 23rd 10 07:02 AM

Cat scratcher emery board no more clipping?

I have one and I have 8 cats In the house. Out of the 8 only 4 will use
It and they do not use It every day Like they do the regular post. I
would never Buy It again. They do Like the feather toy It came with But
they ruined that In a couple of days. Melinda

cybercat April 23rd 10 08:32 AM

"Melinda" wrote in message
I have one and I have 8 cats In the house. Out of the 8 only 4 will use
It and they do not use It every day Like they do the regular post. I
would never Buy It again. They do Like the feather toy It came with But
they ruined that In a couple of days. Melinda

Wow. You use your caps key like you have tourettes.