CatBanter

-   -   Buffy Update 5/6/2021 (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=114355)

jmcquown[_2_] May 6th 21 09:30 PM

Buffy Update 5/6/2021

Thank you for all the kind purrs (and thank you to Judith for letting
the folks on FB know what's going on).

Buffy seemed greatly improved yesterday. When I got home yesterday she
had washed her face and eaten. She ate and drank even more shortly
after I got home. Litterbox output appears to be getting closer to
normal (there was an issue with constipation at one point). When she
got up on my lap she wasn't hunkered down looking pitiful.

Her eye wasn't nearly as weepy and she was purring up a storm with her
tail leisurely flipping back and forth rather than tucked close to her
body. She also appeared (somehow) to have gained a little weight in
just a day! Holding her, she felt and even looks more "sturdy" somehow.

I did notice she's been sneezing. With everything else that's been
going on that fact hadn't really registered on my brain.

So I called the veterinary clinic to give them an update. The
appointment tomorrow will now be a Quality of Life Assessement and a
discussion rather than... an immediate end.

Based on her appearance and behaviour yesterday I was feeling cautiously
optimistic.

I'm not trying to second-guess the vet but the infection from the
abcessed molar they pulled required a second round of antibiotics at her
last visit. Maybe it still hasn't cleared up yet?

This afternoon when I got home, her eye is all weepy again. :(

https://i.postimg.cc/4y9n2WB1/weepy-eye.jpg

We need the purrs to continue, please.

Jill

Tigger[_2_] May 9th 21 05:54 AM