Old April 13th 05, 01:50 AM
MaryL

"Sharon in Boston via CatKB.com" wrote in message
Hi,

We found a cat in our yard this afternoon, looks like he was just hit by a
car, or fell..He was limping, barely walking, left leg seems out of
joint -
it is at an "off" angle..there is a big scrape at the "hip" part of the
leg..

We have him on a pillow in a box...We called the emergency vet, he is
supposed to be here ASAP.

What should we do until then - the cat seems calm, he is lying down on the
pillow. Should we put a blanket over him, like when a person goes into
shock? Give him some tuna fish to nibble on to keep him happy?

thanks so much..I think we're more scared than he is!!!

Sharon

I would say "do nothing" because the vet is on the way. Don't move him, and
don't give food or water. Just keep him comfortable. Don't even use a
blanket unless he seems chilled. The less you do, the better, because you
don't want to contribute any further injuries (and you don't want to
frighten him so he might make a sudden movement on his own).

Thanks for taking care of this little kitty.

MaryL