Old June 10th 21, 11:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

Default Buffy's Hiding Off and On

On 2021-06-08 7:03 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
Buffy has started hiding again, off and on.Â* In the last day or so
she has started fighting me giving her the liquid pain medication.
She did sleep with me last night but when I got up this morning to
dish up her food, fresh water, etc. she got off the bed and hid on
the chair under the dining table.Â* I went about getting ready for
work.Â* While I was in the shower she came out and ate half the food,
then went back up on the chair again.

I know it's uncomfortable if I have to force her mouth open.Â* I wish,
wish, wish! she could understand the cause and effect: she feels a
heck of a lot better within minutes if she simply opens her mouth a
tiny bit without my having to wrangle with her and touch the sore
spot on her jaw.Â* It takes *one* second to squirt the medication in
her mouth.

I picked up refills of the medication after work today.Â* They want to
see her again on June 18th.Â* If she continues in this vein I'm afraid
that Friday appointment could be her last.

I'm so sorry to hear this.

Thank you.Â* She has absolutely refused to let me medicate her since I
posted that.Â* I'm about to try again just to see if I can make her feel
better for a little while.Â* I changed the appointment to tomorrow,
10/11.Â* Tonight will be my last night with her. Â* My heart is breaking
but I know it's the right thing to do.

I am thinking of you - all the more because I had to bring Cinnamon in
when she suddenly worsened badly, only days after the vet thought she'd
be good til the fall. I pretty well knew I wouldn't be bringing her
home. I could still medicate Cinnamon, but she wouldn't eat or unless I
syringe fed her and was so lethargic and weak. I just knew, and I guess
you do too.

--
Cheryl