Old February 24th 07, 01:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats
Rene S.

Default insulin resistant cat

On Feb 23, 6:03�pm, "BigBlocky!" wrote:
Hi. *I have a cat whose diabetes was until recently manageable through diet.
He started to lose weight so I took him to see the veterinarian. *She told
me that his blood sugar was high enough that dietary intervention alone
wasn't going to be good enough - that he'd require insulin. *I left my cat
at the vet's office for a couple of days while they attempted to regulate
his blood sugar with insulin, but they were mostly unsuccessful. *I'm really
at a loss here with the only thing in my mind to try is a taurine supplement
as I have read that it helps increase insulin sensitivity. *Does anybody
have any ideas that might help? *I'm grateful for any information you can
provide.

Thanks and take care,

MarkM

Mark,

Email me privately. I have some information for you.

Rene