Old February 24th 07, 09:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats
William Graham

Default insulin resistant cat

"~*Connie*~" wrote in message
also read up on home testing. it is better if you can test your cats
blood sugar at home.. better for you financially, and better for the cat
for less stress. It was recommended to me to use a human glucometer
several years ago, and many studies have shown it to be effective and it
has saved many cats lives.

As a 15 year diabetic, I recommend the Freestyle "Flash"
glucoseometer.....It uses only .3 microliteres of blood, which is so small,
you can hardly see it. The less the blood, the less traumatic for the
cat.....You should measure your own blood sugar in the cats presence a few
times, so she/he can see that it doesn't hurt you..........