Old August 2nd 08, 06:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

Default I thought I was dying

Sherry wrote:
On Aug 2, 8:33?am, "Irulan" wrote:
wow, hope you're doing much better. I had
something similar happen to me years ago,
which turned out to be a gall bladder attack. I
thought I was having a heart attack! I did have
to have my gall bladder removed and thank
goodness the laparoscopy type operations were
starting then. I was in and out of the hospital
in a couple of days instead of the weeks of
hospitalization that most gall bladder operations required
up to then.
Good luck!

Lily & her mama

My dad had gall bladder surgery a few weeks ago, and I was amazed
at how much easier it is on the patient than the old-fashioned
surgery.
Most people do have chest pain involved, like you did. And if Dad ate
anything that was high in fat content, it brought on an attack of
chest
pain and bloating. Since symptoms vary with people, I imagine back
pain could be a symptom, too. Gallbladder problems are easy to
diagnose. Usually they show up well with just an ultrasound.

Sherry

Or a CT scan. That's how they found mine.

kili