Old July 25th 14, 11:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Koala

As you may remember, Waffles went to the Bridge several weeks ago.
Since then Pickles has been demanding a lot of attention, and
occasionally crying. I decided she should have a companion. The
consensus was that a young male would be best.

Our local animal shelter is having a special - on Fridays, the cat
adoption fee is $5! I went today and found a 4 month old neutered
tabby. They say he's a brown tabby, but he looks gray and black to me.
Anyway, the sign on the cage said his name was Wallace. I completed
the paperwork and was surprised to see that, instead of Wallace, it said
his name is Koala Bear. I checked to make sure it was the same cat, and
it was.

I'm dropping the "Bear", because koalas aren't bears. However, the name
Koala couldn't have been more perfect for me. I'm an Aussiephile, and
have been to Australia six times, and have held koalas on three
different occasions.

Right now Koala is in hiding. I don't even know where he is. I put the
carrier in the room I'd prepared for him and opened it. When I checked
half an hour later, he still was in the carrier. I checked just now,
and he isn't in the carrier. He also isn't under the bed. The closet
door doesn't close tightly, so I suppose that's where he is. I
certainly couldn't find him anywhere else. I'm not going to try to find
him now. I have an appointment to have the vet check him on Monday
afternoon. I hope I can find him by then.

Pickles is aware he's there. While I was eating my lunch, she stood
outside his door and did the "intruder" howl.

Joy

--
Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters