Old April 16th 21, 01:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
cshenk[_4_]

Default Another Veterinary Appointment for Buffy

Tigger wrote:

jmcquown wrote:

Buffy and I say thank you. Â* My guesswork diagnosis was right on
the money.Â* She has an abcess/infection under an upper molar.Â*
They gave her a broad spectrum antibiotic shot and also a
long-lasting (3 days) shot for pain.Â* They've scheduled her for a
dental on Friday and they'll likely wind up pulling that tooth.

Oh, and if they do have to pull that tooth they'll give her another
broad spectrum antibiotic shot and another pain shot so I won't
have to worry about trying to squirt liquid medicine in her sore
mouth.

I had a little female who fairly suddenly withdrew and we noted she
had really foul breath. Yup, bad tooth. Vet visit first thing the
next day. A day or two of recovery to start perking back up.

Aunti Mabel, beagle mix age 18 when we adopted her had never lived in a
house, never been house broken, and never seen a vet. Outdoor pen
raised hunter and breeder.

Lovely lady, house broke in 3 days mostly (rare accidents in kitchen
but only kitchen and half aimed for the cat litter). Dental as you can
imagine was pretty bad. They pulled 7 teeth. After that, she passed
all dentals fine (in fact, skipped one age 20 as not needed per vet).
She lived to be an estimated 20.5 which sounds long for a dog and is,
but not record breaking for beagles.