Old April 16th 21, 01:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Another Veterinary Appointment for Buffy

On 4/15/2021 12:12 AM, Tigger wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

Buffy and I say thank you. Â* My guesswork diagnosis was right on the
money.Â* She has an abcess/infection under an upper molar.Â* They gave
her a broad spectrum antibiotic shot and also a long-lasting (3 days)
shot for pain.Â* They've scheduled her for a dental on Friday and
they'll likely wind up pulling that tooth.

Oh, and if they do have to pull that tooth they'll give her another
broad spectrum antibiotic shot and another pain shot so I won't have
to worry about trying to squirt liquid medicine in her sore mouth.

I had a little female who fairly suddenly withdrew and we noted she had
really foul breath. Yup, bad tooth. Vet visit first thing the next day.
A day or two of recovery to start perking
back up.

I fully expect Buffy to feel a bit punky for a few days after a tooth
extraction. They'll give her another antibiotic shot and a pain shot
and might send her home with liquid medication. I'll know tomorrow.

I don't expect her to be perky. Then again, after the vet visit on
Tuesday and the shots, they told me she'd probably want to nap. No, she
didn't. She wanted to play, play, play.

Jill