Old May 4th 21, 02:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe[_2_]

Default Big cat stopper

Still working like a charm.

The method can probably be used for homes with both dogs and cats. Anything
that is larger and aggressive. Regulars know, but... Cats suffer from
anxiety, especially indoors under pressure. They don't like being chased
around (shocker).

It's improved things 100% here. Much better for me. Better knowing that the
small cat is able to de-escalate the situation by itself. And it does.
Interesting seeing how the private room is being used during play. Possible
the big cat shows signs of not wanting the small cat to run out of reach. In
other words, it might actually miss it. And it knows too much badgering will
cause the small cat to run away.

The big cat is still problematic if I'm not here and the door is not
properly latched slightly open. But it wasn't intended to fix Toobig's
psychology.

I wrote:

My constant supervision has helped over the years, sometimes they even
play (while supervised), but my aggressive cat's natural tendency is
always lurking. She is a great cat to people, she is not really a bully,
she's just ETERNALLY AGGRESSIVE against anything that moves and isn't 10
times bigger than she is.

I found another humane way of stopping my big aggressive cat from
constantly annoying my smaller cat. It will require testing, but it
looks promising. Just leave a door (bathroom with a view to outside, or
whatever) open enough for the smaller cat to get through but not big
enough for the larger aggressive cat. That will work well unless the
victim is much smaller, but it's possible here.

That would be nice since it would be on demand.

Other such possibilities would include some sort of ramp/bridge that
only allows a certain weight... (I hope that sounds funny).

The small cat gets lots of use out of the Skyway where the aggressive
cat is mostly prohibited from going.

Have fun.