Old September 15th 12, 10:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default How do I put that solution into Scooter's ears?

"dgk" wrote in message

Scooter has developed a lot of scabs around his head lately. I took
him to the vet yesterday morning (the same day that Espy later died)
and the vet thinks that there was a lot of gunk in Scooter's ears and
cleaned them with QTips. Then he gave me two things, a bottle of some
solution that I need to get in his ears and then use QTips to clean,
and an ointment to follow it.

Last night was a bit crazy with Espy dying but I tried to get the
stuff into one of Scooter's ears and he bolted of course. I didn't
press the matter, but I'm going to have to get this stuff into his
ears.

Anyone ever do this type of thing. It appears to be a two person job,
with much protective covering.

Yep, this will definitely be a two person job with protective covering for
the one holding the cat. When KFC got very old and stopped grooming
herself, I used to have to get June to help me pluck out her matted bits,
all geared up with leather gloves. It also helps if you cover their face
with a towel so they don't see you coming, just peel it back for each ear.
You now have the disadvantage that he knows what you are up to. Good luck.
Even putting a spot-on on Boyfie is a two person job because he gets
suspicious if I part his neck fur while he is on my lap and runs off.
Tweed