Old November 3rd 12, 01:54 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,rec.pets.cats.community
abelard

Default frustrated hangman

On Sat, 03 Nov 2012 13:43:29 +0000, DVH wrote:

On 03/11/2012 09:50, The gods have made us mad wrote:

"Gandalf" wrote in message

On Thu, 1 Nov 2012 23:21:46 -0000, "The gods have made us mad"
wrote:

"The gods have made us mad" wrote in message

"saracene" wrote in message

My first term at London University I was in digs in Streatham with a
Mr and Mrs Dare. Mr Dare had got bloodlust in the first world war. He
boasted of having bayoneted eight Germans to death. After the war he
wanted to join the prison service with the ambition of becoming a
hangman, but was considered unsuitable so he became a butcher
instead, and worked in a slaughterhouse. Mrs Dare used to like to keep
a pet cat. Unfortunately even the most housetrained of cats will
occasionally have an accident, crapping somewhere indoors when they
should always ask to go out to the garden. Mr Dare considered himself
a fair and reasonable man. He would allow them just one mistake.
Following a second ****ting offence, even years later, he would give
the cat a last stroke, then take it down to a tub at the bottom of the
garden to drown. It happened when I was there. His wife wept, just as
she did for the children of Aberfan. However she accepted that men
were hard but just and that her pet had to die. They had got through
quite a number of cats over the years.

----------------------------

Why was this entertaining tale not cross posted to
rec.pets.cats.community?

Hang on an mo' - I'll do it.

Obvious troll is obvious

Nonsense! - prcc is the obvious place for feline matters, besides which,
it's far and away the maddest group on Usenet.

Having said that, I was genuinely shocked to see how the cat group has
declined over the last few years!

Pet owners become like their pets.

Cats are packed with vice. They're corrupt to the marrow. It wasn't a
snake that encouraged Eve to eat the apple, it was a cat. A cat in a tree.

did you know that he then slowly faded away with
a sarcastic grimace?