Old August 3rd 08, 08:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

Default Another Buffy the Garage Cat update

On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 10:56:46 +0300, Marina
wrote:

Gandalf wrote:

But I'm sure, sooner or later, somebody will adopt this magnificent, and
incredibly affectionate kitty.

I'm just so sad it can't be me :-(

You are doing a great job, Gandalf, and I wish you all th luck in the
world in finding a good home for Buffy.

He must leave a lot of his scent on you every time you visit him. How
does Kenzie react to his scent? (i'm not trying to pressure you into
keeping him, I'm just wondering what she is making of all this. She must
be aware by now that you are 'seeing' another cat.)

Kenzie hasn't reacted at all to the other cat's scent. Interesting
observation; I don't think Kenzie has *ever* reacted to another cat's
scent, before.

When I am nearby, I stop in and visit the inmates at the local Inhumane
Society.

They often have beautiful cats, with the reason(s) on their cage card
for surrendering the cat listed as: 1) responsibility is too much. 2)
cannot afford 3)Takes too much time. And other mind numbingly stupid
reasons.

Whisky Tango Foxtrot: why did these idiots even GET a cat in the first
place? Cats need to be fed, at least twice a day. Their litter box needs
to be cleaned, usually once a day. They need regular vet care. Young
cats usually only needs vaccinations. But, just like people, they can
and do get sick, which requires vet care. Cats also require a certain
amount of attention. They are curious, and affectionate little beings;
they crave attention, in the form of petting, scritching, and playing.

THAT'S WHY PEOPLE GET A CAT. For the wonderful affection and company
they provide.

People who get cats or kittens, without considering the consequences of
their action, are nothing but oxygen thieves. They should at all costs
be prevented from procreating, thereby lowering the collective IQ of the
entire human race significantly. Rant off.

Even when I've been to the Inhumane Society, and have handles and petted
any number of the kitty prisoners, there; Kenzie has never reacted to
the scents of those other cats.

Perhaps she is secure in her position as The Only Cat In The House, and
doesn't consider only the scent of another cat to be a 'threat' to her.

- Robert Heinlein

Truly, I have never thought of this before.