Old February 23rd 05, 11:49 PM
kitkat

Joe Canuck wrote:
A.Pismo Clam wrote:

We are about to introduce 1 more sweet, all-black kitty to our other
two tabbies which have been with us for 7 years.

Do we need another litter box to accommodate the newest, who is about
8 months old and 6lb. 4oz? The other two are about 10 lbs each.

Many thanks for taking the time to respond!

Alain

The general rule is one more litter box than the number of cats in the
house.

That is... 2 cats = 3 litter boxes, 3 cats = 4 litter boxes.

Whether you need another litter box depends on the number of boxes you
now have.

Or just trial and error. My 2 cats are fine with 2 litter boxes.

Lucky,
Pam