Update on do vets really care

Old November 23rd 03, 01:08 PM
Linda Hartley

Default Update on do vets really care

For those of you who read my earlier post regarding vets and whether they
really care about the creatures they treat.Thank you all of those who
replied to my post last time...I was uplifted by your thoughts.
Yogi lost his fight against cancer yesterday.
He bore his illness with the same calm, dignity and wisdom he showed all his
life.
I called the vet to come and let Yogi go on to his next journey...he
came...as usual he couldn't let Yogi rest on me whilst he went to
sleep...saying he couldnt get to him didnt want to inject me!......so I had
to lift Yogi off me and put him on the settee...I so wanted to hold him like
I had with a cat called Monty....and yet this vet put his hand on my
shoulder when he removed his stethescope from Yogi....am I getting through
to him at last?
If I had a choice I would use another vet but we have no other on the island
and a three quarter hour journey with one hour on the ferry and another
probable hour by car to a better vet is simply no good when your friend is
ill.
I am not complaining - just so very sad that I had not given Yogi the best
I should have done...although we got him to see one the best Vet Hospitals
in the world it was just too late for them to do anything.
He had a little cream off my finger before he died...his tongue was always
so soft and gentle like he is/was....
My Angel, ...My Soulmate,... My Little Man,.. My "Tuppence",.. My "Poppet"
Man,.....My Friend.
He will always be in my heart and mind.
I wait for the day we meet again at Rainbow Bridge.
Linda

Old November 23rd 03, 02:42 PM
kaeli

In article , Linda.Hartley0H2
@btinternet.com enlightened us with...
For those of you who read my earlier post regarding vets and whether they
really care about the creatures they treat.Thank you all of those who
replied to my post last time...I was uplifted by your thoughts.
Yogi lost his fight against cancer yesterday.

My condolences on your loss.

Yogi didn't lack for love - I'm sure he's waiting at RB for you,
frolicking in the grass and chasing butterflies.

--
~kaeli~
Practice safe eating - always use condiments.

Old November 23rd 03, 03:46 PM
Priscilla Ballou

In article ,
"Linda Hartley" wrote:

My Angel, ...My Soulmate,... My Little Man,.. My "Tuppence",.. My "Poppet"
Man,.....My Friend.
He will always be in my heart and mind.
I wait for the day we meet again at Rainbow Bridge.

I'm so sorry for your loss. He sounds like he was a wonderful cat.

Priscilla

Old November 23rd 03, 03:56 PM
Mary

"Linda Hartley" wrote in message
For those of you who read my earlier post regarding vets and whether

they
really care about the creatures they treat.Thank you all of those

who
replied to my post last time...I was uplifted by your thoughts.
Yogi lost his fight against cancer yesterday.

Linda, my heart hurts for you. Know that you did the best you could
for him. In some ways I think that once bonds are formed between
living creatures they really do go on forever in a place we cannot
know yet. Be good to yourself.