OT Anyone familiar with Philip Pullman's "His Dark Materials" trilogy?

Old June 14th 07, 02:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lucy's Mom

Default OT Anyone familiar with Philip Pullman's "His Dark Materials" trilogy?

Is anyone familiar with "The Golden Compass", "The Subtle Knife", and
"The Amber Spyglass"? They're fantastic books, IMHO, something along
the lines of "The Chronicles of Narnia" but better. Anyhow, I just
found out that this December a movie from "The Golden Compass" is
being released (here in the US at least). The male lead is Daniel
Craig (be still my beating heart... The movie has a website where
you can "meet your daemon" and it explains just what these daemon's
are. Anyhow, my daemon is Cleon, an ocelot. Somehow I just knew I
had some cat in me!....
-- Eric, Kim and the Chigger Ranch Crew
Old June 14th 07, 02:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
PatM

On Jun 13, 7:12 pm, Lucy's Mom wrote:
Is anyone familiar with "The Golden Compass", "The Subtle Knife", and
"The Amber Spyglass"? They're fantastic books, IMHO, something along
the lines of "The Chronicles of Narnia" but better. Anyhow, I just
found out that this December a movie from "The Golden Compass" is
being released (here in the US at least). The male lead is Daniel
Craig (be still my beating heart... The movie has a website where
you can "meet your daemon" and it explains just what these daemon's
are. Anyhow, my daemon is Cleon, an ocelot. Somehow I just knew I
had some cat in me!....
-- Eric, Kim and the Chigger Ranch Crew

Hey, that looks pretty good! I ended up as the Hare.lol Ever read
Ursula LeGuin's "Catwings" books? Ok, they are kid's books, but
delightful in concept!

PatM

Old June 14th 07, 03:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lucy's Mom

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 01:43:49 -0000, PatM
wrote:

On Jun 13, 7:12 pm, Lucy's Mom wrote:
Is anyone familiar with "The Golden Compass", "The Subtle Knife", and
"The Amber Spyglass"? They're fantastic books, IMHO, something along
the lines of "The Chronicles of Narnia" but better. Anyhow, I just
found out that this December a movie from "The Golden Compass" is
being released (here in the US at least). The male lead is Daniel
Craig (be still my beating heart... The movie has a website where
you can "meet your daemon" and it explains just what these daemon's
are. Anyhow, my daemon is Cleon, an ocelot. Somehow I just knew I
had some cat in me!....
-- Eric, Kim and the Chigger Ranch Crew

Hey, that looks pretty good! I ended up as the Hare.lol Ever read
Ursula LeGuin's "Catwings" books? Ok, they are kid's books, but
delightful in concept!

PatM

No, but they're now im my pdas bookstore shopping list. Thanks!
-- Eric, Kim and the Chigger Ranch Crew