Bosley Can TALK!

Old April 18th 06, 04:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Bosley Can TALK!

dnr wrote:

One of my cats says something that sounds very much like, "Maa-maa"
when I tease her or grab her to love.

Sometimes when I happen to find Miranda sleeping somewhere, and I say
'hey there' or 'there you are,' she will answer 'Ma-ma?'

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old April 18th 06, 08:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

When I open the window for Chibi, I say "Chibi out?" and she always
says "Ouuuuu." (Her first meowmie always talked cat-talk and not
people-talk, and she imitated her so now she's imitating me.) Jona,
when she jumps out onto the wall, answers my "Bye" with "Ungnnh" which
I think means "Thanks". Cherry is excellent at making sad coyote
sounds if there's a door between her and me, especially if the room on
my side has a bed in it! (Ooouuuuuhhhhh, I'm so lonely out here in the
hall, just a bunch of cats, pleeeeeeaaaauuuuuusssse let me in")

Cantate

Old April 18th 06, 10:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

dnr wrote:

He can't say the "H" sound real well, it was more like "Aaahhh-oooo?"
"AAAA--oooo"??

So your cat is a teletubby?
Chak

You must be 3/4 asleep while viewing "Teletubbies" when they are
on @ crack-of-dawn (at least here)....what they say endlessly is,
"UUUH-OOOOH". Or maybe you just haven't had coffee yet;

Is "aaaa-oooo" all *that* different from "uhhh-ooooh"? The seem, if
not identical, certainly similar. Coffee might not help in making
that distinction.

Joyce
Old April 18th 06, 10:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Gabey8 wrote:

I have known three kitties who could approximate some simple English
words. One was Pepper, the mother of my first cat, Misty. She belonged to
friends of mine, and she would greet you with "Hiiii" when you first came
in the house and said "Hi, Pepper". But she would only do this ONCE per
visit. Once she'd greeted you, she didn't need to greet you again until
the NEXT time you visited the house. )

Cats learn by imitation, just like people do, so maybe it's not so
far-fetched to think that a cat sees people saying "hi" when seeing
someone for the first time during a visit, but not saying it again
until the next visit, and copies that behavior. It's cute that she
could imitate the sound itself, too.

Joyce
Old April 18th 06, 04:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Jazz (RB) used to say MAMA quite clearly, but Lily just mrrrps.
Lily's mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old April 19th 06, 12:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Asparagus (WAS: Bosley Can TALK!)

Bill Stock wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
No kidding. Except no one else was around to hear it except me.
Now I know what that sounds like :-)

Everyone's been so damn nice to you all day, it's been killing me!

Your cat is not talking to you Sherry, so take your Meds.

LOL Mine talks to me!

Now. Can we get a good Asparagus recipe Jill, I've got a new found
love for the stuff.

Sorry, you have to insult me first
Asparagus is great roasted or grilled. Just drizzle with a little olive oil
(or the oil of your choice, except for motor oil or baby oil, of course!).
Sprinkle lightly with a little salt & pepper.

For the grill, I like Reynold's nifty perforated aluminium grill sheets so
you don't have to worry about stuff like asparagus falling through the
grates. (It's good for fish that gets extra flaky, too.) Whether you grill
it or roast it in the oven, you want a fairly high, constant heat and only
cook it until it turns a bright green and is tender-crisp (although I like
mine a little softer so I watch it carefully for a couple of extra minutes).

I recently ran across a recipe for Asparagus Au Gratin. Essentially you lay
the snapped asparagus spears lengthwise in a small baking dish. Prepare a
medium white sauce: 3 Tbs. butter, melted; stir in 2-3 Tbs. flour seasoned
with salt & pepper until you have a smooth paste. Add 1 cup milk or light
cream and stir over medium heat until the sauce thickens. Pour this over
the asparagus. At this point you can choose your cheese. The recipe called
for finely shredded cheddar. Use your favourite cheese but make sure it's a
good melting cheese. Sprinkle lightly with buttered breadcrumbs and bake at
350 about 20-25 minutes until the top is lightly browned and the sauce is
bubbly.

There's cream of asparagus soup; or many asian soup recipes call for
asparagus tips. The snapped-off tough stems are good for adding when making
vegetable stock; I keep a bag of fresh veggie "discards" (including tough
broccoli stems, bits of bell pepper - sans seeds - that small wedge of onion
that just won't get used, etc.) in the freezer for just this purpose.

Did this help at all?

Jill